53 - Dinner with the Rossi Famiglia

Start from the beginning

"She's dead" They were actually close. Wasn't her aunt, it was her mother. And to Teresa, it seemed like her entire childhood was sad. Her mother leaving, her father leaving and then her aunt dying. And she knew that they thought her childhood was sad as well.

Luciano leaned over whispering in her ear,

"Are you okay?" He questioned and she nodded and he kissed her temple. Teresa couldn't show weakness, she couldn't show tears in front of his family. They were just now beginning to warm up to her, at least his mother.

"So I hear you're born and raised in Brazil. A Latina" Jeevan smirked causing her to giggle a little and she noticed Mia nudged him with her arm but he ignored her. "How long have you been away?" He questioned.

"Two years" His eyes bulged, just like Nora's, Lorenzo's and Gemma's. Mia, Laura and Jovana cared less.

"Wow not that long, and you speak English wonderfully. Do you know any other language?" Gemma questioned, a hint of excited curiosity in her voice and eyes.

"Spanish and Portuguese" Teresa answered and Lorenzo chuckled.

"Forgive me, I didn't expect that"

"Neither did I when she informed me" Luciano chuckled, kissing her hand. Adriano turned in his seat, wide eyed.

"Wait. You speak Portuguese?" He was baffled and everyone laughed, except for the same three. Mia, Laura and Jovana. Like the mean girl group. They simply chose not to like her or it was because of Laura. Either way they weren't important.

Jovana finally leaned forward, making her way into the conversation. "So how exactly did you and Luciano meet?" She questioned.

"Well I met Adriano first. At the club I previously worked in and-" Jovana interrupted her.

"He was a customer?" Teresa looked at Adriano, nervous about what she should or shouldn't say and Adriano answered.

"I don't think that's any of your concern actually" He said and Jovana smirked, clearly knowing the answer.

"Interesting..." She said, "So how long have you been together?"

"Well that depends on your definition of together" Teresa laughed softly, nervously. It was always something about meeting sisters that were more intimidating than mothers. Sisters tended to ask more questions, mainly because they wanted to invade their brothers' privacy. A sisterly thing to do however Jovana wanted to crush any like they're parents had for Teresa.

"8 months" Luciano answered, when Teresa didn't, too absorbed in her own thoughts. Teresa glanced at him, confused at why he said that. Her and Luciano only became official 2 months ago. Though she spent 8 or 9 months there, they weren't together, more so playing around each other, arguing, having sex. Everything but a label.

Though in Luciano's eyes, they were always together. Official or not, she was his.

Jovana glanced at Luciano and back at Teresa then her eyes landed on her stomach with a smirk. She adjusted herself before she asked, "How far along are you?"

Teresa knowing what she was getting at answered anyway, knowing his parents wanted to know as well. "Four months" She answered confidently, earning a grin from Luciano and Adriano but she heard two sighs. From Nora and Lorenzo and she saw Nora shaking her head and Lorenzo rubbing his.

"Moving so fast, so soon," Jovana said. She leaned back in her seat with a satisfied smile no doubt because she lowered Teresa's chances of being welcomed into the family.

"You sure you're only here for Luciano?" Mia spoke up and both Luciano and Adriano's eyebrow lifted and so did their head, their eyes trained on Mia but Adriano spoke up before Luciano could.