44 - This Charade?

Time Jump 5 days later...

____________________________________

Teresa stared at the mirror as she slowly pulled back the patch off her wound. Setting it down, she laid her hands on the counter, tilting her head for a better angle. It's been two weeks since she left the hospital and still it wasn't fully healed, but it looked much better. Sure it did leave an ugly scar she didn't like, but she wanted it to stay there. A reminder that she survived.

Startled by the sudden knock on her door, she jumped slightly, groaning at the fact she was scared so easily. Throwing away the patch, she decided not to patch it again and let it be able to breathe.

Pulling up the straps of her shirt, she opened the door and in came Nina with a briefcase. She was leaving today, after all she spent a while there. She saw the uncovered gun wound so she didn't have to ask what she was doing. Teresa getting shot on Adriano's, at least she thinks Adriano's watch, angered her, but there was nothing she could do about it, she was grateful Teresa survived it.

Teresa smiled, threading her arm through Nina's as they walked to the front where Adriano was sitting on the couch, eating chips and then Teresa turned around to face Nina. "Te extrañaré" (I will miss you), Teresa said as she gave her a hug and Adriano's eyebrows raised and he stood up from the couch, hearing Nina repeat as well.

"You're leaving already?" He questioned and Teresa couldn't hold back her smirk, but she could hold back her laugh. Of course you want her to stay, She thought. They did have a wild moment yesterday.

"Yes I can't miss work. But I have to go now" She smiled and walked up to him, wrapping her arms around his neck and confusion hit Teresa as she saw him tense. It looked like Nina was going to give him a kiss, but he moved his head and she kissed her cheek instead. Clearing his throat, he pulled away from her, not at all bothering Nina. She didn't expect much.

Teresa smiled as she watched Nina put her suitcase in the driver's trunk and slam it. Then she made her way into the car and Teresa closed her door with a lock. Then she folded her arms and stared at Adriano who was plopping another chip in his mouth as if nothing happened. She rolled her eyes, walking past him hearing him ask, "What did I do?"

She turned around, "Were you going to tell me you screwed my best friend or were you going to act like it didn't happen?" Teresa found it odd that neither one of them said anything about it despite them not being quiet or secretive when she could clearly hear them that night. It was even more surprising because Nina didn't have anything to say about it, when she told Teresa all of her sexual relationships or nights. They were best friends, that's what they did.

Adriano's eyes enlarged, he didn't think she knew. He didn't even know she was at home, or he probably didn't care at the time, but he cares now. He balled the empty bag of chips, walking towards the kitchen.

"I didn't think it was something I had to tell you" He said, no doubt in defense.

She unfolded her arms, watching him throw the bag away saying, "It's not. I just thought at least one of you would have said something"

He shook his head, walking back as he stopped in front of her. " It was a one time thing Teresa" The way he said it, brought weird chills through her spine. He walked away, sitting back on the couch.

" Hey why are you being so cold and weird about it? " She questioned, feeling unwanted now. He never acted this way besides the time Luciano reprimanded him, because of her.

He shrugged, not turning his head as his impassive voice said, "I'm just wondering why you care. We're both adults Teresa"

Teresa nodded, even though he couldn't see her. Instead of responding and getting more coldness from him, she walked into her room, closing her door. She just wasn't sure why he was so cold about it. After they did have sex, they were just acting so regular, like the usual, barely speaking to one another. Maybe he just didn't want Nina to go, Teresa definitely didn't. However she had to, because they knew it was a matter of time before Luciano dragged her out the house himself. He didn't like her already, he wouldn't want her staying too long.