10 - Being a Model

Teresa smiled in the mirror, posing in her new clothes. New and expensive. She wore a tight brown leather skirt and a black sleeved, v neck shirt to go with it. It was a pretty outfit, sexy. Adriano told her to get used to wearing sexy and fancy clothes, not that sexy was anything new, fancy and expensive were. Not that her clothes were very cheap, she didn't do herself like that, but they never ran as much as her clothes do now. The fabric was way better.

Teresa stepped out, startled a little by Ana, the Consigliere. "You look gorgeous" She complimented and Teresa thanked her. She walked up, holding her hand out. Teresa noticed how she were staring at her intensely, but it didn't intimidate her like it would have with Luciano.

Luciano, Good for nothing.

Escaping her negative thoughts, gracefully, she shook her hand. "Ana" She introduced herself and Teresa nodded. "Teresa" She introduced herself, dropping their hands. Teresa thought Ana were pretty. She had wide hips as well, but they were slimmer than hers, she looked great in her red body dress. Her dress was classy, up to her neck, not showing off anything but her arms and a little of her lower legs and down. Her hair was in a bun, she had pretty hair but it weren't like Teresa's. You can have pretty hair, but good hair is different. Her hair was as good as Teresa's and that wasn't a flex. She never bragged about it, it was just an observation she made.

"Spin for me?" Ana asked out the blue and Teresa obliged, confused but did it anyway as Ana put her hand on her chin.

"You have very wide hips. And your shirt, a little too low, maybe more coverage there" She advised, making Teresa staring at her like she was crazy. More coverage? What is she a nun? A prude? That's what Teresa was comfortable with. "I'm sorry?" Teresa decided to play nice, and respectful. A smart choice considering she didn't know her.

"What I meant is you dress like a half classy prostitute, showing your body like that. Maybe a stripper to, and men may look at you once, but not in the way you want Dominici to look at you. Teresa giggled, disrespectfully. How dare she?
"I believe your Don bought these clothes for me to wear. Obviously he knows what the man likes" Teresa corrected with was to show she wasn't intimidated by her.

"Or maybe Don Rossi knows what he likes." She folded her arms as if that were an insult but really it was even better. If Luciano liked it, that was good for her. "You are a stripper who scrape ones off the ground." She insulted, standing up to Teresa. "Don't think for a second Luciano is taking you any serious than he would a respectable woman like myself"

Their heads snapped to the door as they heard Adriano say, "Una vera donna non getta sporcizia sul carattere di un'altra donna"(A real woman doesn't throw dirt on another woman's character). He pushed off the door frame, walking in, his eyes filled with anger. "Non vedo l'ora di parlare con don Rossi delle tue povere maniere al suo ospite"(I look forward to speaking to Don Rossi about your poor manners to his guest) He then said, Teresa still lost. She hated they spoke like that in front of her. It was annoying not knowing. He stepped up to Ana, rudely saying, "Get out" Teresa put her hand to her mouth to keep herself from laughing as Ana obliged without a word or hesitance. He watched after her and closed the door.

Then he turned to Teresa, "I'm sorry she said that to you" He apologized and she shrugged. "What is on today's agenda?" She questioned.

"The basics" He shrugged. He opened the door, grabbing a box from outside and sat it down on her bed, opening it up. "Regular things. Perfume, lotion, dust. Apparently, Dominici loved that stuff" Teresa reached in the box grabbing the honey dust. She knew of that, she used to use it. He looked at her outfit and pretended to frown.

"What?" She asked and he shook his head. "I think you should put on a better shirt." She smacked her lips. "Really?" She huffed, walking to her closet. He chuckled, pulling her arm back. "That was a test, you failed" He chuckled and she playfully punched him in his chest.