"So much for a good night's sleep." I grumbled. "Troops will be troops, especially Americans." Celtic replied. "Besides," She added. "I thought you were used to noise." I winced. "That was a long time ago." I said my voice tight. "Sorry, I think I'm becoming as insensible as Baltic." She said. "No, you're just a little bolder than you used to be. I think we all are." I answered.

"True enough." She muttered. We heard a loud noise and watched as the fleet of sailboats raced past, squealing in fake fright. Baltic was right behind them. "Sea, si, so, sum, I smell the blood of a little sailboaten." She growled. "Ok, that's it!" Lucania called from nearby. "The White Star prankster is going down!" She lunged at Baltic.

Yelping, Baltic dodged Lucania's attack and raced out of the harbor, Lurania following close behind. The sailboats joined in the chase. "Get her Lucania!" Celtic called. We couldn't see them but we could hear Lucania giving Baltic a pounding.

"Ooh, ow, no not the face, Lucania Ow!" Baltic yelped. Dong, smash, crunch, splat, splash. I winced at the last one. "Ooh, that's gotta hurt." I muttered. "Not as much as that." Celtic replied. I looked just in time to see the lighthouse flash its light on both ships. Lucania gave Baltic a harsh shove to starboard and for good measure, kicked Baltic's propellers out from under her. Baltic landed awkwardly on her starboard side.

Landing in the breakers, she was washed up onto the lighthouse where she smashed all three propeller blades. I turned my head away, wincing. "Ooh, ouch." I muttered. A ships propeller blades and aft keel were like a cars undercarriage or a human's privates. It was the one place where we should never be hurt.

I laughed and laughed. "Oh man, she'll be feeling that tomorrow." I exclaimed. "I think she is feeling it now." Celtic replied. "Ouch." I agreed.

Celtic yawned. "Alright, I think I'll hit the bottom." She mumbled. I nodded. "Good night, Celtic." I murmured. "Good night, Olympic." She murmured back. She settled down beside me and within seconds, she was asleep.

For some reason, I had difficulty following her. Maybe it was because my drunken troops still considered it party time. I allowed it until around midnight when I turned all the lights out. "Alright, go to bed." I ordered.

Most were unhappy about this but oh well. They stumbled off to bed. Once they were fast asleep, I settled down. I always felt better when I knew they were safe. It was a strange maternal thing. Arizona had told me about the relationship between a battleship and her men.

Apparently it was the same with merchant ships as well. They reached out to me and I swear I responded to it. They presented me with love and affection and I gave them love and affection.

Once everything was quiet, I realized how tired I was. No, I was beyond tired, I was exhausted. The war had taken a lot out of me and I wasn't a young ship anymore. At 8 years of age, I was a veteran. Mauretania had a couple of years on me, but Mauretania hadn't lost two sisters for no damn reason.

I blamed nobody for their deaths. It was an accident and nothing more. But that didn't do anything to ease the pain.

I raised my bow up to look at the stars. I knew that my sisters were up there somewhere, watching me. But it wasn't the same as having them down here with me, as living steel and iron. "I love you." I whispered. I got no answer, I never expected one. Just the stars twinkling overhead showed me they were there.

Sighing, I lowered my head and settled down to sleep. I thought I'd be too wired to do so but I did almost instantly.

The next morning was a busy day. There were plenty of things to do, such as carrying the tired but victorious soldier's home. There was still partying going on, but it wasn't as bad as yesterday. Thank Neptune for that.