Chapter 3~ Sniper

Start from the beginning

One tries calling this in but I shoot his neck before he could speak, I look at the last guard who shoots at me, missing six fucking times as I run in.

"I'll just have some whiskey" Ajax says, annoyance and boredom in his voice. We'd both prefer him to be with me, but she needs her date and we wouldn't send her in alone.

I hear the responder on the other side of the call asking what the problem is and I sigh, fucker pressed the button.

I choke the remaining guy and narrow my eyes, slowly I tuck my gun into the front of my jeans before grabbing the caller and holding it up to his mouth.

He takes a deep breath, probably about to piss his pants. He knows who I am, good. My hood is covering my face and the darkness of the small room keeps me hidden, not that it matters. He'll be dead in seconds.

I apply a bit more pressure and that's when he talks, "sorry, it was by accident" he says clearly and I nod in approval. They say something and I scoff before dropping it on the floor.

"P-Please, I won't tel-" he doesn't finish his sentence when I shoot his arm and slam my hand over his mouth. I love watching people beg me, I fucking love when people get on their knees, put their hands together and beg me for mercy.

Pushing my hood off my head when I look down at the man getting on his knees, tears running down his cheek when I move my hand. "I won't say a word, I'm begging you" he whimpers as my gun runs down the side of his cheek.

I smirk when I shove the front of my gun into his mouth, his eyes widen and more tears spill from his eyes. My hand reaches down to run my fingers through his hair, "shh, it'll be over soon" I mutter.

He goes to speak again but the slightest sound of my gun going off is the only thing you'd hear, I roll my eyes and shove him away.

I lean down to mark my victim with the dagger that was strapped to my thigh, cringing when I see blood running out of his mouth as I turn his face to the side. I take my dagger and start my art.

Standing up with a smirk as I pull my hood back up, wiping the blood off my dagger using his slacks before walking off.

Reloading my gun as I walked down the hallway, the 'V' I carved into his face showing everyone that the mistress of souls added seven more to her collection.

Is it sick I keep count?

The slight sounds of the music from the party downstairs fills my ears and I roll my eyes at the prissy fucks, I un mute my sister and Ajax so I can hear their conversation now.

The sounds of my combat boots against the hardwood and my panting is the most I can hear, crouching down when I spot my first security camera. I eye the blind spot I have to run to when the camera turns to the other side.

Five seconds is the exact time Amara said I'd have to run those 15 metres, let's hope she's right about this or the whole mission is a bust. I make sure my bag straps are tight and my hood is up before I get ready to run.

The second the camera goes to the other side I push my feet off the ground and sprint to the spot under the dim wall lamp, my heart pounding against my chest as my dirty boots stomp on the expensive floors.

When I stand still in the spot and the camera skims past me without setting off an alarm I feel all my muscles relax, thank the devil.

I sigh when I hear Amara talking business on the coms and Ajax muttering curses and saying he's bored under his breath, idiot has the attention span of a toddler.

I eye the door about five metres to my left as I readjust my grip on my gun, I have to run into that door and kill the four guards behind it all before the camera turns and catches me. Should be fun.