ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ ᑎIᑎE

Start from the beginning

Looking over her shoulder, Natty saw a blonde woman get thrown by seemingly nothing and unbreakable roots covering her body to prevent her from moving. Wanda sent energy at him, but Thanos deflected them like they were nothing, even though they knocked him back a few steps.

"Can't you split him in half with the mind stone?" Natty tried to joke despite the tears. She added another hand to shoot energy from her palm and she could feel her heart breaking. An uneasy feeling settled in her gut as her shoulders moved up and down. Natty tried her hardest to keep herself from breaking, but slowly and steadily, her heart was chipping away. Vision gave a small smile from the teen's attempt of lightening the situation, but it fell almost immediately. Wanda backed up so she was back-to-back with her daughter, sending energy to keep the purple man at bay.

"You can do it Natty," Wanda reassured, tears also falling down her face.

"So young, yet... so powerful," A gruff voice observed.

ᗢᗢᗢ

"Sweet, sweet Tommy, don't you wanna sleep?" Wanda cooed as she walked into the living room, bouncing the baby in question in her arms. She was answered with a cry. "Mommy wants to sleep."

"So does sister," Natalya called from the sofa. 

Wanda had noticed her daughter hadn't been making as many jokes or sarcastic comments lately, her usually stoic-but-bubbly personality slowly fizzling down. She hoped that her daughter trusted her enough to tell her if anything was going on.

"If you go to sleep, I promise you will be my favourite twin," Wanda sung the last few words, keeping her voice quiet.

"Oh, come on now, darling," Vision scolded lightly but it held no heat, "You know we love them both equally."

"Well, don't tell him that," Wanda gasped, moving Tommy as if he understood what the parents were saying.

"Ah yes, because newborn twins can understand what we're saying," Natalya mumbled, which brought a small smile on Wanda's face. 

That's the Natalya I know, Wanda thought happily.

"No luck with Billy?" Wanda asked, seeing that the other twin was still awake.

"Tried reading to him, but for some reason, Charles Darwin's The Descent of Man made him cry even harder," Vision seemed clueless as to why the baby didn't like it. Natalya rolled her eyes from the sofa. 

She had a pit in her stomach, a dreading, twisting feeling that something wasn't right. That something was going to go wrong soon. 

"Oh, care to dance, darling?" Vision proposed and the adults went closer to each other, bouncing the babies in their arms and doing a small step-dance.

"It's almost like we're on a date," Wanda said.

"Keep it down, lads, I was about to get my leg over," Vision told the twins when they made a loud noise with their mouths. Natalya gagged, barely catching what he was saying.

Vision could also tell that Natalya was getting stuck in her head more often and easier lately. She would jump at the slightest sound and her gaze was always on her hands.