• Reading Festival (part 2) •

***
Holly's POV
***

I roll over in bed and listen to the duvet crumple as I open my eyes. I reach out for my phone on the bedside table and check the time.

4:07 am

I sigh and leave my phone on the table, ignoring the messages and notifications.
My body clock is fucked. I've been waking up at the same time every morning all week and quite honestly, it's annoying. Now that my sleeping schedule is mostly okay (ish), I value sleep a whole lot more.

I roll over again and stare at the wall. It's a white wall, but the moonlight coming in from my front window turns it a baby blue colour. It's pretty.
I shut my eyes and slide my hand under the cold side of the pillow.

My eyes spring open again a few minutes later, unable to maintain shut. I think my body has had enough sleep now.

I sit up in bed and raise my arms above my head, stretching my body well. I get the shuddery feeling and wince as my injured arm from yesterday still hurts.

I get out of bed and pad over to my bathroom. I brush my hair into a high ponytail and secure it with a black band before grabbing a sweatshirt from my closet.
Since I can't sleep, I might as well take a walk.

I pull on my hoodie, grab my headphones, jog downstairs quietly and walk out the front door. I shoot the groupchat composed of me and the rest of the guys a quick text letting him know I'm out and then walk down the road.

It's still dark outside and the sky is littered with stars. I can feel the early morning breeze start up and the soft hum of workers in their trucks rumbling by.
The early morning is nice, but I do admit, I'm more of a night person. I love the pitch black of the night and the silence after everyone has gone to bed.

I walk down into the park and sit on a bench, breathing in the soft, fresh air. I love how empty it is at this hour.

I turn my head to the right when I hear cafes start to open. The rattling of the metal gates go up and the lights in the sitting areas come on. I contemplate getting something for breakfast, but instead, think of my weight.

My hand moves down to my stomach where I pinch a roll of fat. That wasn't there last week.

I stand from the bench and decide to run all the way back home. I need to start going to the gym and working on my body. At the moment, I feel and probably look like a mess.

***

I arrive back home panting and out of breath.
I did not know how tough that uphill run would be.

I let myself in the front door and take out my headphones when I see Josh, Simon and Ethan in the kitchen, drinking coffee and having a chat. They turn to look at me when they hear the door click shut.

"Morning," I say, opening the fridge for some water.

"Morning?" Josh replies, raising an eyebrow at me. "Where were you?"

"Oh, I went for a run," I sigh, taking a sip of the cold water. "I texted the group chat so you can't be cross"

The guys all check their phones at the same time and nod. I roll my eyes.

"What's the point of me messaging you lot where I am if you don't even check?"

"I don't go on my phone until after my coffee!" Josh protests.

"Same here," Simon says, raising his mug before taking a sip.

I roll my eyes again. "You guys are old. Old and boring"