48. FAINTING ROBIN

Start from the beginning

"My god, Namjoonshi! Is your hand, okay?" you examine the hand that saved your head with utmost concern.

"Absolutely fine, don't worry! You could've asked me for help, why are you struggling alone?" his throbbing hand casually tumbles down and his eyes meet your gawky gaze.

"Ahh...well..." while trying to construct a reason which will make sense, your eyes halt over the freshly formed bruise over his loosely dangling hand.

You swiftly turn towards the refrigerator and fetch an ice cube and stride back towards him. Taking his bruised hand in your hand, you delicately rub the crisp cube over the crimson swelling. In the absolute tranquilness, you could feel the feeble rhythm of his heart on his wrist.

"So, what's the status of your healing process? he asks in a gentle tone.

Your puzzled stare shifts from his hand and meets his dragon eyes, and slowly your lips bend into a warm smile as the realization sinks in. A feeble nod of your head subtly notifies your state.

"How is your mental health y/n-shi?"

"Better than before." The genuineness in your voice effaces his worries.

"...Or help one fainting robin

Unto her nest again

I shall not live in vain..."

His other hand tugs a swaying strand of hair behind your ears as he recites the lines in a husky voice, audible enough for you who is staring at his face with moist eyes and for Jungkook who is standing behind the pillar clutching Namjoon's phone that is trembling in silent mode.

_

A/N:

* Italics - Conversation in Korean

*Aphrodite - Greek goddess, goddess of beauty, love, and sex.

*Lakshmi- Indian goddess, goddess of beauty, wealth, and prosperity.

*Noona- Elder sister

_

"So, when are you guys planning to release your next album?" the pretty interviewer continues to shoot her question to BTS with her unwavering plastic smile.

"Long time no see" Medusa appears at your side with a warm greeting, Mina and Naeyon standing behind her greets you with a subtle smile except Jun Pyo who is beaming at you.

You greet all of them with a sweet smile and your smile stretches a bit wider while greeting Jun Pyo. His young, innocent face reminds you of your little cousin.

"Hi noona, how...you..." Jun Pyo struggles with English words, inducing a ripple of laughter from his friends.

"It's okay Jun Pyo, you can talk to me in Korean. I understand pretty well, it's just that I can't answer back in Korean." You assure the young boy who looks way too younger than his age.

"That's fine, I too understand English quite well!" his gleaming eyes reveal his enthusiasm.

"Then that day you remained silent despite understanding our conversation about your looks?" Mina's pale face looks even paler and Medusa's entire face is smeared with the hue of apology.

"Yeah...what can I say about it, it was your opinions, it's not like I can brawl with you people or something. Haha..." you try to fake a synthetic laugh to ease off the situation.

"But noona, you listened to what I said that day right, when I saw you for the first time you reminded me of an Indian painting displayed in our national museum. Everything about you is pretty and perfect, so ignore that jerk Eun-woo's words and don't take any of it to your heart, he is famous for being a jackass since high school!" with his tender heart you can also see the way he is infatuated with India and Indians.

Mina's face says things that she couldn't voice out as guilt is choking her throat.

"Kindly accept our apologies too, we shouldn't have behaved like that on your face. We didn't mean t_"

"Nah!" you intercept Naeyon's apology, "It's okay, please don't feel bad about it. It's not like you guys bitched about me, you guys were stating the obvious facts, so why would you apologize for that? Please don't!"

Your self-esteem yearns to slap yourself until your cheek rips off for letting yourself down in front of these people but your heart knows that those words are not just bluff to appease them but they are actually stemming up from the insecurities engulfing your mind.

To conceal the internal pain clutching your heart, you excuse yourself and walk towards the BTS who are dispersing from the interview for their refreshment break, Jungkook is struggling with his tie, a lollipop is occupying his loud-mouth.

"Here, let me help you!" without waiting for his consent you seize his satin tie, he also gets busy with twisting his candy instead of resisting.

"Hyung, who is that female?" Jimin enquires Suga who is busily texting someone.

"She is Naeyon, currently working as a stylist for TXT's Yeonjun." Manager Sejin keeps it precise.

"Oh! she is kinda pretty. When I was small_"

"Was?" Jungkook sarcastically snorts at his Hyung.

"Jungkooka, you often say that you will even die for me right, but if you talk about my height one more time, it might happen for real today!" Jimin says with a sickeningly sweet smile.

"Well, Naeyon has a good body, but I find Mina prettier than Naeyon in terms of facial features. She is petite and cute." Taehyung joins the conversation of young blood adults.

"What are you guys even talking about, both of them are nothing more than a mannequin in front of Medusa, she is the living definition of a Greek goddess. If I get a chance, I would officially change her name to Aphrodite!" Hoseok, the discreet fan of Medusa opposes both of them.

"Exactly, no one can be compared with Medusa in that aspect, she is an absolute eye candy!" Jimin accedes to the comment about his stylist's ethereal beauty, who is right now busy with getting his costume from the designer for the next shoot.

Usually, they tend to converse in English when you're around them, but today they intentionally chose to converse in Korean to keep the content of their discussion off-limits for you, without knowing the actual truth.

Though you endeavour to feel happy for Medusa for securing the title of goddess among the Bangtan Boys, a huge blob of envy corrupts your thoughts. An unutterable ache penetrates your heart every time the topic of beauty joins the chat. You always wanted to get rid of that obnoxious feel, but it seems to possess an untamable power, which has the trait to use your insecurities to manipulate and torment your mind.

"Seriously guys, then what about my manager-nim from India?" Jungkook's voice sounds like an echo of a celestial announcement and hauls your attention from the toxic thoughts smothering your mind,

"What do you think Namjoon Hyung?" he decides to drag Namjoon into the conversation for whatever dissembled reason he has in mind, but his eyes continue to linger over your face and your eyes protest to shift away from his undone tie.

"Me?" Namjoon takes a quick sip from his Tequila flask,

"I prefer Lakshmi over Aphrodite!"