48. FAINTING ROBIN

Start from the beginning

"CORE-EAN!" Jungkook says loudly like a military commander and proudly sips his boba tea, leaving you both in a baffled state.

"But Jungk_" Namjoon tries to explain the mad man in a delicate tone.

"It's CORE-EAN, case closed!" once again he yells lordly, sounding like a high court judge concluding a case.

"Ahh, seems like someone is hanging out with Jin Hyung way too much!" Namjoon shakes his head in a defeated state and throws a pathetic gaze at Jungkook.

"Disappointed, but not surprised, to begin with, I didn't expect much from the guy who scored 3 out of 100 in his English paper." You continue to devour the Salmon bulgogi.

"One more, one more time if you drag my mark sheet into any conversation, that will be the last day for you on earth." Jungkook's knife stabs the soft fillet with added intensity.

"Quit it guys, for once act like adults! I wish momma Jeon was here to handle you kids, also what's happening in the office Jungkooka, why no one is home on a weekend and how did you guys end up together here?" he racks several questions while scrolling through something in his phone.

Quickly Jungkook's eyes send signals in your direction, notifying that he will take care of the questions and you shall keep yourself engaged with alluring foods on the table.

"Well, dad and Junghyun Hyung left home early since they had a board meeting and mom left a few hours ago as she was supposed to sign some important papers today. She asked me to convey her apologies to you, seems like we're having some bad blood with Goenka groups regarding our company shares, they all are pretty worked up since morning. And us_" he steals a glance at you and continues,

"There was a family get-together last night, so I crashed here after party. This morning I asked her to bring the schedule details and remaining collaboration related documents home as my head was tattered into bits by last night's hangover and momma asked her to join us for lunch, I wanted to discuss few things with you regarding our upcoming collaboration and momma was cooking your favourite Kalguksu so I just felt like inviting you over for lunch." Jungkook leaves you in awe with his flawless white lies and coolly continues to munch on a pickled radish, to conceal any trace of suspicion you shift your eyes over the lace of olive linen gown which Jungkook's mom lent you this morning.

"I see, so what's the matter with the Goenka group? At this point, they seem like your rivals more than partners!"

"Hmm, I don't know much about the issues going on in office but it seems like they're cornering my position as a board member since I'm inactive with business-related activities, I exactly don't know the reason behind it, but they seem to be threatened by my existence as an heir in the company. One thing is comprehensible Hyung, they're single-minded about discarding me from the company." He lethargically explains like he is talking about some third person living in his neighbourhood.

After that, you three continue to finish the meal with dainty chats about a few doleful poems and loud victory howls.

­You raise up from the table with empty plates and bowls, though maids in floral white uniforms are waiting behind those shut closed, huge wooden doors of this privy chamber, concealing your presence in the Idol's house, your desi self greatly induces you to do the task yourself. You wait for the men to leave the table and once they leave you to request the only old lady who is specially assigned to attend you since morning, to stay put and carry the empty vessels to the dishwasher.

"You could've asked me for help" closing the dishwasher door with an audible thud your head hoists up in surprise and the crown of your head dashes against Namjoon's soft palm which is acting as a barrier between your head and the sharp edge of the kitchen cupboard waiting to stab your skull.