Prologue

Grey clouds glazed over the sky, pushing back the luminous sun in the shadows

Grey clouds glazed over the sky, pushing back the luminous sun in the shadows. Cold breezes whipping through the London country air, pushing out the warm summer air. The grass tinted brown, hardening and crunching beneath the threes heavy footsteps.

Ascella hid behind her father, his tall frame shielding her sight for a brief moment. Her small hand clutching on the black sleeve of his coat, nudging her face into the back of his arm. She felt his back lightly shake, shoulders vibrating upward, his light sniffles filling the silence.

The dark haired girl glanced over at her sister, the younger girl standing to her left. Luna's usually wide dreamy grey-blue eyes were casted downward and droopy, platinum blonde curls limp against her damp reddening cheeks. Her pale hands clasped around a bundle of bright yellow Lilies, contrasting with the bleak all black of her outfit.

Ascella pulled away from her father, shuffling a step forward. Dark orbs staring at the tombstone, bones trembling as she stared at the carved name of her mother.

Pandora Lovegood

July 5 1961 - 1990

Loving Mother and Wife

The pocket of her coat felt heavy, weighing her to the point she felt as if her small frame would tilt to the side off balance. Her fingers subtly sliding into the pocket, grasping the object hesitantly before tugging it out. The golden gem tainted with a black hue, the dark green 'S' carved in the middle resembling a snake, the silver chain slipping between the gaps of her fingers. The item pulsing in her palm, as if it were alive with its own heartbeat.

Tears burned her eyes, her hands fisting around the object and concealing it from her sight. She shoved the item back into her pocket, shifting her gaze back to the fresh tombstone. Luna had gripped her wrist, guiding Ascella forward with her to be closer. The dark haired girl wishing to step away, to not look at where her dead mother laid. Though Luna needed her, and Ascella placed her selfish wants on a back burner and knelt down on her knees on the fresh soil.

"You think she would like these?" Luna timidly whispered, droopy eyes meeting Ascella's. The older sister mutely nodding, taking a few of the yellow lilies into her own grasp.

Her dark orbs staring at the lively plant, twisting them between her fingers in contemplation. Trying to form a good-bye to her mother, one she never got the chance to give while she was still standing. Her throat going dry, images of the tragic incident surfacing in her mind like a cruel nightmare.

With a soft sigh, she straightened her shoulders before gently placing the flowers on top of the grave. Dark brown eyes looking at her mothers name, "I promise, mum" she whispered.

"Lets go, my darlings" the gentle touch of their father hands met the two girls shoulders. The sisters obeying, reluctantly standing and letting their fathers arms wrap around their frames at his side. Ascella tilting her head down to hide the tears that finally escaped, her soft sniffles blending with her other family members.