"Sophi! What the-" Ezra, nudged Sophia arm. "Ju, be honored she's offering. I had to beg all morning for half a scoop of protein powder that tasted like absolute dirt. Who buys that shit in rhubarb flavor!" Ezra looked at me with wide eyes.

"What?" She shrugged "That rhubarb shit's expensive."

"And I will buy you as many protein powders as our ballerina highness wants, but no fucking rhubarb. You're getting the og vanilla one from now on." Ezra's eyes were full on twinkle mode as he was watching the annoyed look on Sophia's face.

"Ew vanilla that's so ordinary. I'm not ordinary Ezra." Sophia protested while I felt myself fidget with a loose thread on my sleeve, craving what they have and feeling like the odd one out. 

"Oh baby please you're vanilla okay. Your soul is also black and bitter, but when treated the right way you become somewhat sweet." He said before holding an evident breath.

Oh my, Ezzy...

I popped my head up from between my shoulders to watch Sophia's reaction.

I don't know if she wants to hit him or praise him for actually being poetic.

"Say that again and you won't get another scoop. Ever." She looked at him with narrow eyes. "I'm not sweet."

"I take it back. I do need another scoop. A lot is at stake today. Jules, coach told me the people from NHL are coming back to watch us since we ran out last time to get to the hospital."

My jaw clenched fast, realizing the pressure was on. "Seriously? Today?" I shook.

"Yeah, coach didn't tell you?"

"He send me home yesterday remember?"

"Why?" Sophia interrupted, frowning at both Ez and I. 

I shook not wanting to tell her but her gaze was pretty convincing. "No comment." Yup, I used her words against her.

"Because he nearly incapacitated the entire team." He spilled and instantly pressed his lips together. 

"Incapacitated?" Sophia repeated and cocked a brow at me. "Ez, stop using fancy words. It doesn't suit you." She smirked, and now I was pressing my lips together not trying to laugh.

A loud scoff sounded through the kitchen and them playfully bickering made me believe everything went back to normal, if only for a brief second, until that second vanished into thin air. "Maybe I should c-c-call in sick for the game?"

"What? Why?"

Really Ez, now my lack of sleep and spirit doesn't bother you?

"My head's just n-n-not in it, if you haven't noticed? I'll ruin everything for you an Lee. You need to win today, not lose because your captain, can't focus more t-t-than two s-silly minutes before looking for her in t-the crowd!" I snapped, while Sophia threw me her saddest look.

"Jules." She whined, her bottom lip nearly quivering at the thought of going to the game without our blonde sunray to make that cold place a bit more bearable.

"A guy can hope." I desperately threw my hands.

"She's not going to be there." Ezra said dry and agitated like he was angry with Luna. He was, he was angry because of his own hurt from the past, because he knew exactly how I was feeling. Guilty, alone, betrayed, thrown into the unknown and never ending ocean of what ifs. 

"How the fuck would you know huh!" I unwillingly sneered at him.

Ezra shook, his gaze low. "I'm just trying to save you some goddamn disappointment!"