Chapter 14

TAEHYUNG cleans his room while Jungkook is sleeping, he felt bad at how he acted and treated him after he helped in many ways that he could tell.

"What are you doing?" Jungkook asked as he wipes his eyes, and sees Taehyung organizing his books that are scattered on the floor.

"You're awake?"

Jungkook nodded and sat on his bed, "What are you feeling?"

"I'm doing okay, actually I felt good after eating your cooked dishes," Taheyung says.

"Really? You loved it?"

"Yeah, when did you learn how to cook?"

"When I started to live independently, I guessed." Jungkook answers and watches Taehyung moves and observing him if he's really okay.

"Did you drink the medicine that I put on the table?" He asked.

Taehyung nodded.

"Don't drink sleeping pills again." Jungkook says to him and Taehyung answers, "That's the only thing that's keeping me asleep."

"I won't let you."

"And what would be your reason?"

"Because I will let you stay with me," Jungkook says and stood up from the bed.

"Stay with you?"

Jungkook nodded, [When I first started to see him like this earlier, he can't help but want him to stay over his apartment than living in this dirty shithole. Because it's dark and lonely, and I think it holds many bad and traumatic events in his childhood that he cannot forget.]

"Move in with me, Hyung."

Taehyung coughs and he cannot that Jungkook would unhesitatingly be asking him to move in with him, without knowing the problem.

"No."

[It didn't hope for me to think that he's going to agree, because if he's slightly interested in me then, he would be agreeing.] Jungkook thought.

"What you are saying is what you think. Because I am doing fine-"

"Who said that you are fine? Even your friend didn't think of you doing fine. No one thinks that."

"Jungkook, I am fine." Taehyung repeats and continues, "I am grateful for being here with me, taking care of me, bought me medicine, and cooked for me. But I will pay you back and-"

"Do you think that's what I intended to?" Jungkook asked, "Do you think that I will take care of you and let you pay for it? Is that what you think of me?"

Taehyung stood still and brushes his hair, "Look, what you are seeing right now is the Kim Taehyung you don't know. I have a condition that I can't even know how to solve, even the doctors can't. I don't want to be a burden to anyone, Jungkook. Not even you. So... just forget about me and be happy with your life."

"What the fuck are you saying?" Jungkook is getting irritated with the way Taehyung sees things.

"Be happy with my life? You don't get it don't you?" Jungkook adds, "Or you want to be blinded by it, or... you want me to reject you and forget about you. Is that it?"

Taehyung didn't say anything.

"B-because if that's what you want then. Then... fine. I will! Damn it!" He stormed out from his apartment and Taehyung got on his knees.

"Fuck." He murmurs.

[I never intended this to happen. I felt comfortable with him and he made me feel safe in some kind of familiar way, but I made him like this, it's like what I did to hyung Seokjin.]

Taehyung thought and throws his pillow out of his frustration.

•••

After one week, Taehyung attends school and sees Jimin after a long time of not seeing each other, but they usually call each other many times to see how they are doing.

"What happened to you both?" Jimin asked, referring to Jungkook.

"Nothing." Taehyung answers and when he sees Jungkook, he became quiet and didn't even have the slightest chance of smiling or laughing. [Did I do this to him?]

"Tae, is this what you really wanted?"

"What do you mean?" He asked and Taehyung grabs his books and pen for the class.

"That you keep on pushing the people away from you?"

"I'm not pushing you away."

"I'm talking about a serious relationship. It's not just Seokjin, but others as well. I mean Seokjin was a jerk and all, but what about Jungkook? He's worried sick for you and he really cares, do you think you-"

"He asked me to moved in with him."

"Fuck!" Jimin got surprised and he lowers his voice to Taehyung, "He did what?"

"And that's why we are acting like this."

"M-moved in with you? When did you guys become a couple?"

"No. We are not. He asked me because he thinks that my apartment is not good for me, and he already knew my condition because you told him, so... that's that." Taehyung says and opens his book.

Jimin sighs, "I'm really sorry, Tae. I didn't mean to tell him, he begged me to. Besides, I am worried and even Yoongi, he's been frustrated because customers are asking him about you. ALSO, SEOKJIN VISITED HIM ASKING ABOUT TAEHYUNG!" His voice became loud and Taehyung turned at Jungkook who definitely heard that.

"What the heck are you doing?" He asked while covering his mouth, Jimin shoves it away while laughing and having fun with his teasing.

"Did he hear that?" Jimin whispers.

"Of course he did," Taehyung whispers too hiding his face behind the book that he's using and Jimin is laughing and using his book as well to whisper to Taehyung.

"It's funny to think if he gets jealous."

"Jealous? What are you talking about? Jungkook would never feel like that."

"Want to bet?" Jimin raises his eyebrow.

"What's the deal?"

"I just want to prove that Jungkook has feelings for you." Jimin smiles and making kissing sounds behind the book, Taehyung rolls his eyes and uncovers his face. When he did, Jungkook was gone in his seat.

[Where did he go?] Taehyung thought.

"La la la." Jimin sings, teasing him. Then the professor came, following Jungkook bringing papers to the professor's table.

[Is he alright? I hope he is.] Taehyung has been worrying about him and he felt bad for rejecting him with his good intentions. But the truth is that he thinks that he deserved to know the truth behind his reasons on why he didn't want to move in with him.

•••

"Why not tell him the truth?" Jimin chews on the pork belly that he's eating at the cafeteria. Taehyung grabs his spoon and sighs, "That what? That getting attached with someone is not my thing anymore?"

"What? Getting attached is not the right word. Do you know what? Falling in love with someone is not your thing anymore." Jimin corrected and drinks his milk carton.

"Chim." He calls and Jimin looks at him, waiting for his reply.

"I-I want to tell you something. Something that I've been keeping all these years." Taehyung started and Jimin waits for his reply without taking another bite from his plate.

"What is it, Tae?"

"Hyung Seokjin didn't reject me. I rejected him."

•••