Part 4 - Episode 6

Stopping outside the library he quietly waited for Davina and Freya to show up. They had left for Arizona in the morning, quickly boarding a plane to the state. Compulsion does come in handy sometimes. Once they had reached the state, Kol had decided to look at the libraries first although he was pretty unsure what they were looking for. Urban legends about a 1500-year-old witch? Putting his head in his hands, he sighed.

"Oh, don't give up hope yet. We will find a way to defeat Inadu." Davina reassured him, coming to stand next to him. She squeezed his hand, smiling at him. Kol smiled back at her, before wrapping his arms around her and gently hugging her. Davina rested her hand against his chest with a peaceful smile.

"Okay, how about you two lovebirds break it up?" Freya asked, clapping her hands to catch their attention. Davina and Kol immediately laughed, before Davina turned to place a small kiss on his cheek. Then she turned around to face the large golden doors guarding the ancient library they had chosen.

"What is this place?" Freya asked in awe, her eyes quickly jumping around the room. Oh, what a room it is. The library was a place of hidden wonders like a scene was a fantasy movie. The room was furnished with golden touches, magic humming in the air.

"It is what is now left of the Alexandrian Library," Kol answered, smiling knowingly at his sister.

"Wait a moment," Davina voiced, holding up a finger, "Wasn't the Alexandrian Library destroyed?" Kol shook his head.

"Some witches had saved the library with magic and started to use it as their bloodlines personal magical library." Kol informed them, "I had come across this magnificent structure during the 15th century after I had done a favour for one of the witches guarding it.

"Where are the witches guarding it now?" Davina asked curiously, eyes narrowing as they tried to find imaginary enemies.

"They had perished in a fight between two bloodlines," Kol said solemnly, "That was a particularly bloody fight." Davina and Freya looked at him curiously upon that piece of news but decided not to push. Anything that makes an original describe as 'bloody' is not something they want to hear.

"Come, let's look for a way to kill Inadu," Davina said, gesturing for them to enter the library. They had explained who Inadu is during the plane ride. Freya had been suspicious over why they were so stuck on a 1500-year-old legend, but they refused to give any information beyond the fact that Inadu was a very dangerous future enemy.

Then, each one of them set out to look for a way to kill Inadu. Kol decided to remain standing and started quickly scanning titles for anything useful. Freya had seated herself on one of the chairs and was summoning books to her with a wave of her hand. On the other hand, Davina had plopped down on the door, lying down. She had three piles of books surround her and was leisurely scanning through them. Every time one of her stacks finished, a new one replaced it, all the books in it of a similar topic.

As more and more time passed, the library seemed to grow darker, as the sunset approached.

"I found something!" Davina suddenly called out. Both Kol's and Freya's heads shot up startled before honing into a book-waving Davina.

"What did you find?" Kol inquired, walking towards his wife.

"Look at this" Davina said, pointing at a certain part of a page. Kol looked over her shoulder and scanned the page. As he read further and further, he appeared more and more interested. Well, it looks like they have finally found a way to defeat that demon.

"A dagger?" Freya asked, coming to stand behind them. Davina nodded.

"A dagger forged out of the blood of her bloodline, the ashes of her enemy and the sorrow carried by her tears." Davina recited. Freya nodded, already forming plans to make the dagger.

"Come, let's go," Kol ordered, walking toward the door with Freya and Davina following him.

The trio sat down inside a cafe, tired. They had gone immediately to the cafe, each of them very much hungry. Nothing drains the stomach more than a day of nonstop reading.

"Well, that was a day," Freya commented, leaning her head against the headboard. Kol just hummed in noncommital agreement.

"Well, well. I most certainly didn't expect two witches and a vampire to be sitting in a bar" A voice said, approaching them.

All three of them turned to face the vampire talking to them. Once Kol got a proper look at the person, he laughed, a terrifying smirk appearing on his face.

"My, my. I most certainly didn't expect to see the great Lucien Castle here."