New Future, New Problems

Start from the beginning

"Heh. Since when didn't you enjoy getting special treatment?" a familiar voice asks the hedgehog, making Sonic and Y/n turn to see...

"Rotor?!"

"Dude, are you--?!"

"Dr. Quack says I'll be up and around after some therapy," the walrus assures the two. "That's what I get for catching a few hundred pounds of rock with my back."

"I'm so sorry, Rotor," Sonic apologizes. "I should have been fast enough."

"No worries, Blue," Rotor smiles. "I got to play the action hero for once, y'know? But... It's Charmy I'm concerned about."

Rotor points to where Charmy was, who was with Espio, Saffron, and Dr. Quack.

"Can you tell me how many fingers I'm holding up?"

"Sure! Erm... one-two-buckle my shoe! Heehee!"

Sonic goes over to check up on the bee by talking to Quack while Y/n stayed back with Rotor.

"Hey, Y/n?" Rotor calls to the human.

"Yeah, Rotor?" Y/n asks.

"What happened to your Chaos Gem?" Rotor asks Y/n.

"I gave it to Knuckles," Y/n answers. "There was... something that I couldn't control, and I can't risk having it with me anymore."

"Really?" Rotor asks. "If you want, when all of this is over and I'm all better, I can take a look into it if you want."

"You'd do that?" Rotor nods, making Y/n smile. "Thanks, Rotor."

"It's no problem, Y/n."

Two men then walked up to Rotor and picked the mat he was on, picking him up as well and walking off with him.

"I'll see ya around, pal!"

"See ya, Rotor!" Y/n waves the wulrus off. "Feel better soon!"

Y/n watches Rotor get taken away, probably to a more comfortable place to rest, with a smile on his face and crosses his arms. Then he looks up at the sound of lasers striking against his new home's shields, irking the human as he growls.

"That's getting annoying real fast," he says, a few green sparks crackling around him before they fade.

He then turns and walks away to find Dr. Quack for a quick check up on himself. However, as our heroes take this temporary moment to relax, old but familiar foes prepare for a dark goal.

Angel Island...

On Angel Island, a white echidna is seen in front of the Master Emerald with Locke nowhere in sight. Below was Scourge and Anarchy, the former looking rather bored, who were kept as watch. However...

"Yo, Finitevus!" Scourge calls out to the white echidna. "We might have a problem!"

"Explain," Finitevus orders.

"Mister-Bobble-Head-Without-A-Body himself, Dimitri, or whatever his name was, is gone," Anarchy answers, terribly bored. "He's probably gonna tattle on us."

"Excellent. I was hoping he would take the initiative and flee from us," Finitevus states. "I assure you two that everything is going according to plan."

"Oh, yeah? Alright, then," Scourge says. "You're the spooky-creepy mastermind."

Finitevus only smirks as he turns back to face the Master Emerald, grabbing it with his hand which starts to cover the massive gem in black energy.

"Go to them, Dimitri. Tell them everything if you so desire," Finitevus says. "You cannot stop the return of Enerjak."

The echidna starts to laugh maniacally as the dark-colored energy coming from him starts to cover the Master Emerald more and more. Below, Anarchy could only roll his eyes. Why couldn't he be the one to destroy everything?