Bright Flame

A/n: Keep in mind there was some rewriting to change who is alive so yeah. Also Rengoku won so moving forward now.

-3 years later-
There is a woman with blonde hair and purple eyes sitting in an apartment reading a book. She is sitting in silence with a satisfied smile on her face until she hears a knock on the door. She rises to her feet and goes to the door and opens it to see her little sister.
Yang:"Ruby!"
She wraps her baby sister into a tight hug, before hearing.
Ruby:"Yang. Can't. Breathe!"
Yang:"Sorry, Ruby. So what brings you by?"
Ruby:"Just decided to check in on you. See how the rest of your memory is doing."
Yang:"Oh it's actually been really good I feel as though I remember most things now."
Ruby:"Do you remember (Y/n)?"
Yang recoils a little as she has a flash of a memory of a man covered in blood with a crazed smile. She always feels a dread and fear when she thinks of that name before saying to Ruby.
Yang:"Only somethings. Nothing good. Why?"
Ruby just looks sad at that response, still it's getting better than it used to be as that name used to give her panic attacks. You see after the incident in Vacuo Yang was hit in the head with a piece of rubble, causing her to be amnesiac. It took a long while before she could remember everything, well almost everything she had gotten much better recently though one thing doesn't click and that is her memories of (Y/n). For some reason they bring her unease which has never made sense to Ruby but being that (Y/n) hasn't been around the past 3 years Ruby doesn't really know what to do. No matter what she tells her sister it makes the situation worse as Yang begins to feel bad at only being able to remember bad things. Ruby and Yang talked for a while longer before Ruby was ready to leave and just says one last time.
Ruby:"Please try to remember him, he really cares about you."
Yang:"Then why isn't he here then, Ruby?"
Ruby felt hurt hearing Yang say that not for herself but for (Y/n). If he'd heard that his heart would've shattered, this leads Ruby to say.
Ruby:"It's complicated, Yang."
-Somewhere Else-
There is a little boy around the age of 5 running through the snow. He was hyperventilating and crying as he ran for everything he had. His legs were hurting and his lungs burning as the cold air consistently filled his lungs. He then tripped and fell as he turned to see grimm hot on his heels. At this he covered his face out of fear. He then hears slicing and just assumed the worst until he finally opened his eyes to see a man with a dark cloak in tatters with long black hair. The man looked back to the young boy before asking.
(Y/n):"Are you ok?"
The boy nodded lightly before running past (Y/n) toward the direction he was running from in the first place. This caused (Y/n) to follow the boy knowing full well what he was about to walk into thus, he just decided to be there rather than leaving. He then hears the scream of anguish of the boy he eventually saw the front of a house where the boy was out front on his hands and knees in the snow crying. It would seem his family didn't make it. He just then asks the boy.
(Y/n):"Can you help me bury them?"
The boy just nodded and then helped (Y/n) bury his parents. They paid respects to them and begun a trek toward the next town the young boy just held onto (Y/n)'s pants leg as he walked forward. (Y/n) then begun to hear the sound of teeth chattering together, at this (Y/n) stopped and asked simply.
(Y/n):"Are you cold?"
???:"Yes."
(Y/n) knelt down and draped the boy in his old white cloak. As he did this the boy noticed the scar over his left eye that was closed and showed no signs of opening, as well as the fact the stranger that was helping him was missing his left arm as well. This left the boy with many questions, as (Y/n) then looked to him after fully wrapping him in it.
(Y/n):"Better?"
The boy just nodded thus causing (Y/n) to pick up the boy and put him on his back.
(Y/n):"I could tell you were getting tired. This will keep us from having to slow down."
He then felt light snoring on his back as the boy passed out due to exhaustion. (Y/n) just continued to walk with him on his back until he could find somewhere to stay.
-The Next Day-
The boy awoke and saw (Y/n) in a seat position against the wall of a house. He then took in the fact they were in an abandoned building as the sun had just started rising but the heat of the fire place seemed to have been recently been started. This the boy got up and walked over to (Y/n) and sat next to him as he slid closer to him for warmth and safety. He then fell back to sleep next to the man that had saved his life. He then awoke to the smell of food and looked to see the stranger sitting in front of the fireplace heating cans. The boy walked over quietly and sat next to (Y/n). This caused him to look to the boy and ask him.
(Y/n):"Is there anyone in the town nearby that can take care of you?"
He just shakes his head.
(Y/n):"Guess that means I'm taking you to a foster home then."
He then feels his cloak get grabbed before the boy saying.
???:"I want to stay with you."
(Y/n):"Why?"
???:"I want you to teach me how to be strong."
(Y/n):"Look kid I don't really think that's a good idea."
???:"Please! I don't ever want to feel like that ever again and I want to be able to protect others from having that happen!"
(Y/n):"What's your name kid?"
Kyojuro:"My name is Kyojuro Rengoku and I beg of you sir please take me with you!"

A/n: That's the first official chapter finished. I'm curious what you guys think, I just hope you enjoyed and hope to see you in the next one. Until then, Peace!