Great Discovery

I step outside of the house, and onto the patio. Rafe and Renfield are throwing a ball against the house while Carla examines the walls closely, looking for something she missed.

"She really believe that shit about the magic bathrobe?" Rafe questions, throwing the green ball against the wall.

"Full on. She got nothing else to believe in. Why not that?" Renfield asks, looking at me as I walk over to the patio couch.

"But the cross, that exists, yeah?" I question, sitting down on the couch

"Did at some point. That's a historical fact." Renfield says, plopping down next to me.

"And it's valuable?" Rafe questions, continuing to toss the ball against the side of the home.

"It's seven feet high, plated in gold, and full of diamonds. You tell me." Renfield says, turning to look at Rafe.

"I was just asking." Rafe says, turning around to look at the drive way. We all turn our heads and watch as a gray jeep pulls into the driveway.

"Shit." Rafe says. I watch as Topper gets out of the jeep.

"Hey, Rafe. Got no beef, man. I'm, uh... I'm just here to meet Sarah." Topper says, as he and Rafe walk towards each other. I hop up from the couch and follow after Rafe.

"Sarah's not here. Go... go chase her somewhere else." Rafe says, waving his hand away.

"What do you mean, Sarah's not here? I talked with her earlier." Topper says, as Rafe sits down in a metal chair on the side of the driveway.

"I'm supposed to meet her here, and I'm supposed to pick her up." Topper says. Rafe looks up at me standing next to him.

"How would he know where Sarah is, huh?" I question, annoyed by Toppers presence already.

"One thing you should know, Top, is I got nothing against you, even though you totally punked my girl and I the other night." Rafe says, sitting up straight in his chair. I place a hand on Rafe's shoulder.

"Really? Uh... Were... were you too coked-out to remember the fact that Jayde was drowning your sister?" Topper questions, waving his hands around.

Rafe stands up, "Drowning? She wasn't-- No. She wasn't drowning her." Rafe says, defending me.

"I was provoked, all right?" I question.

"All right, whatever." Topper says, turning around, walking to his Jeep.

"You think... Do you think we want her with John B?" Rafe questions. Topper turns around to face Rafe.

"Is that what you really think?" I question, laughing.

"Is that where she is? Is she with John B?" Topper questions.

"Where the hell else would she be? Huh?" Rafe questions, walking up to Topper.

"Come on Top, me and you both know." I say, rolling my eyes.

"I can just track her. I completely forgot." Topper says, taking his phone out of his pocket.

"You can just, What track her phone?" I question, "Don't be a stalker now."

"Are you spying on her?" Rafe questions, following Topper to his Jeep.

"No. No, I'm not spying on her." Topper says, turning around again.

"Definitely seems like you're spying on her." I mumble, crossing my arms and rolling my eyes.

"I just care about her. I want to make sure she's safe." Topper says. Rafe nods, then rips the phone out of Topper's hands.

"Can I see this? Oh, yeah." Rafe says, backing away from Topper.

"Give... give me my phone back." Topper says, following Rafe.

"What's wrong Top? Calm down, all right?" I question, laughing.

"What the hell is she doing out on Goat Island?" Rafe questions, looking down at the phone, and then looking over to me.

"Shit." I say, nodding my head in the direction of Renfield and Carla.

"Of course." Rafe says, backing away from Topper again.

"What?" Topper questions. Rafe tosses the phone to Topper, and he catches it. Rafe heads back towards the house, I turn to follow.

"Rafe!" Topper yells.

"Go home Topper!" I yell back.

"Trust me. You do not want to be near her right now." Rafe shouts.

"Hey Renfield, We got something. Let's go." Rafe says, stepping into the house.

Rafe, Renfield, and I, all watch the group of pogues carry Pope into their truck, from the church.

"Let's go." Rafe says, as the truck takes off.

"Do you think he is okay?" I question. Rafe whistles, ignoring the question I just asked. We walk up to the church doors, Renfield opens the door, before stepping inside, we all look around for anybody watching us.

"Damn it." I say, swatting bees away from my face.

"Is anyone allergic?" Rafe questions, looking around. We all pause in front of a pile of couch cushions. I spot a gold cross peeking out under the cushions.

"There it is." I say, staring in amazement.

"Holy shit." Rafe says.