Bye Bye Ward Cameron

Rafe's Pov

Me and Jayde sit in the jail cell together. I begin pacing back and forth around the cell.

"You gotta be kidding me. I mean, how is this happening?" I question, as Jayde runs her fingers through her knotted brown hair lets out a sigh.

"It's like this whole thing is a joke!" I yell, as a cop walks up to the cell.

"Looks like you guys are gonna be getting a cellmate here in a minute." The female cop says. Jayde and I look at each other in confusion, and then look back at the cop.

"Your father," The cop says to me, "He'll be here soon."

"What do you mean by that?" Jayde questions, as the cop walks away from the cell.

"What do you mean, my father? Hey, talk to us!" I shout, walking towards the bars on the cell. The officer leaves the cell block and I turn around to face Jayde.

"Do they know your dad did it?" Jayde questions.

"No, they can't, I mean why would they keep us locked up if they did?" I question, I walk over to Jayde.

"Rafe, I am going to kill Barry, and you Father. Nobody is going to stop me." Jayde says, waving her hands around in the air. I smirk at her, I knew she was already thinking about this, I seen it in her eyes when the officers were putting the handcuffs on her wrists.

"Okay." I say, nodding.

"Looks like your old man took the rap." Shoupe says, opening the door to the cell. Jayde looks at me with a confused expression on her face. I step out of the cell and Jayde follows me out.

Jayde's Pov

I watch the laptop screen in front of me, surrounded by the rest of the Cameron family.

A great man once said that if you're born poor. That's not your fault...

I look over at Rafe pacing around on the patio outside of the house.

...but if you die poor, well, that's on you.

Rafes steps inside the house, and steps behind my chair.

I think, in the end, it was my fear of going back, of losing everything I have that made me lose sight of everything I am...

Rafe wraps his arms around me, with tears in his eyes.

I on the other hand, am not sad. I am pissed, I was supposed to kill Ward. He was not supposed to kill himself, he ruined my plan. Not just once, but twice.

...everything I wanted to be. I killed big John Routledge.

I shoot my attention back to the video playing in front of me. He killed John B's dad? I knew John B's dad was missing, I stuck by his side the first two months after. I look over to Sarah, who is watching the video with tears in her eyes, but with disgust written all over her face.

I murdered Sheriff Peterkin.

I nod in agreement, and try my best to hold back a laugh. I can feel Rafe tighten his grip on my shoulders.

I shot Gavin Barnstead.

I feel a sick feeling in my stomach, remembering. Carrying the dead body, down the docks, to the boat. Then dumping the body into the ocean.

I know there's nothing I can do to ease the pain I've caused.

I look over at Wheezie, who is watching with her head resting on her arms.

Many will say I took the easy way out.

I then look over at Rose, who is watching dabbing her 'tears' with a tissue. There were no tears, she was not crying. She seemed to be watching emotionless.

But I leave this world with the terrible pain of knowing that I leave behind my family...

I then look back at Sarah, she was angry, mad, disgusted, and sad. After all it was her father, no matter how much she hated him, he was gone.

...shattered by grief, broken by my sins.

Rafe sets his head on top of mine. I notice Sarah rubbing Wheezies back, Wheezie is crying. It also made sense, she was just a child. She had to process her fathers suicide, and him being a serial killer.

I don't expect you to forgive me for leaving you this way.

I hear sniffles come from above me. I realize Rafe is crying. I set my hand on top of his hand that was placed on my shoulder.

I just pray you understand that, I can't go on ruining your lives anymore. This had to end.

I smile, I agree. It did have to end, just not the way I wanted it to end it.

To all of you, I leave my estate, uh, to be divided equally, and I leave a love deeper than I could ever express.

I feel Rafe move away from me.

Take care of each other.

The video comes to an end, and I hear sniffles come from the three Cameron siblings. I stand up in my chair, and follow Rafe outside. He has a cup of some alcoholic drink in his hand.

"Rafe, are you okay?" I question, placing a hand on his back.

"I'm fine. Yeah, yeah, I'm good." Rafe says, nodding, taking another sip of his drink. I nod, understanding he wasn't actually fine.

"I mean, he definitely deserved it right?" Rafe questions, turning to face me.

"He treated you like shit Rafe, but he was still your dad. I understand." I say.