Special Guest

Me and Rafe sit on the balcony at my house. Nobody is home, the only reason we are here is because Wheezie wants to come visit. I sit on Rafes lap, as he takes a long drag from the red bong I am holding.

"Rafe!" Wheezie yells, walking through the door that led to the balcony. With a purple book bag on her shoulder. I quickly set the bong down on the floor.

"Sorry," I say, moving off of Rafes lap and moving over to one of the open chairs.

Wheezie chuckled, "Don't worry i'm not gonna tell anybody." Rafe runs a hand through his blonde hair.

"Did you want some, or..." Rafes asks. I punch his arm, while Wheezie looks over the balcony.

"You legitimately just offered me drugs?" Wheezie asks, turning around to face her brother.

"She's 13." I say, rolling my eyes.

Rafe scratches the back of his neck awkwardly, "Uh..."

"Sweet crib." Wheezie says, looking back over the balcony.  "How did you con the Carreras into letting you crash here?"

"He's welcome to come anytime, no conning was needed." I say, as Rafe begins grinding more weed in the grinder.

"Will you let me stay here whenever I want?" Wheezie asks, turning back to face me and Rafe on chairs in front of her.

"Yeah." I say, smiling. Wheezie sits in one of the open chairs, and sets her book bag on the table.

"What? Is dad trynna kick you out too?" Rafe asks, still grinding weed in the grinder.

"Worse. I am officially the least favorite daughter." Wheezie says.

"Mh-hm." Rafe says, chuckling and nodding his head in agreement.

"Sarah and Dad are going to the Bahamas, and did they invite me?" Wheezie begins.

Rafe turns his head looking at her with his icy blue eyes that were glazed over because of how much he was smoking.

"Nope." Wheezie says, exaggerating the 'P'.

I shoot Rafe a confused look, why was Ward only taking half of his family to the Bahamas?

"Wait. They're-- they're going to the Bahama house?" Rafe asks, confused. "In summer?"

"Yeah. I mean, according to Rose," Wheezie says. "It's 'business'."

"Mm." Rafe says, sitting back and running a hand through his blonde hair.

"I mean, they're all up in some new development," Wheezie says, "and for some super-secret reason, they're going to the Bahamas."

"You know, I-- I know about, like..." Rafe says, standing up. "A billion times more about the business than she does."

I stand up and walks over to Rafe and grabs his hand.

"What--what is this?" Rafe asks, looking down at me.

"Ugh. We're the black sheep." Wheezie says.

"Yeah. I mean she's not wrong." I say.

"Baa!" Wheezie says, standing up, opening her book bag. I laugh at the sheep sound Wheezie makes.

"Shut up, okay?" Rafe says, annoyed.

"Baa!" Wheezie says again, taking money out of her book bag.

"Hey, shut up!" Rafe says, walking over to Wheezie and looking down at her.

"Don't tell me to shut up." Wheezie says backing away from Rafe.

"Rafe calm down." I say, placing a hand on Rafes back. Rafe runs his hair through his blonde hair again.

"Here's my life savings." Wheezie says, throwing her money at Rafe. I look at Wheezie confused, as Rafe bends over picking the money up.

"I'll pay you back Wheezie." I say. Rafe sits back down, I set a hand on his shoulder.

"I know this looks really bad right now and everything, but..." Rafe says, tapping his fingers on his chest. "Like, I'm gonna-- I'm gonna get my shit together, okay?"

"He will." I say, leaning my head on top of Rafes.

"I'm gonna get it tight, like, you know..." Rafe says, banging the table, "Like, real tight."