Chapter Ten: The Purest Heart

The Purest Heart

Every vampire residing in Etherezereferera was filled with joy as they gathered for the feast prepared by Zaphiropoulos outside the palace. It was a celebration of change for Etherezereferera, and every table was adorned with different kinds of fruits, as well as the various types of blood that the vampires loved. Adelaide also cooked dishes that she had learned to make since living outside of Etherezereferera, just like the humans. Ash and Orio also helped her with the preparations. However, when the food was tasted by the vampire guests, they did not like it. They found it bland and tasteless, unlike anything they had ever tasted before.

"Is this really how mortals eat? It's so tasteless. How will they ever be healthy if this is all they eat?" Solidad commented after tasting Adelaide's cooking.

"Excuse me? I am a good cook. Perhaps it has no taste for you because it is the first time you have tasted human food," Adelaide retorted.

"Even if you ask Mireia. Mireia! Try this dish I cooked," Adelaide called out to Mireia, who was playing around with the others. Mireia approached Adelaide and tasted the dish.

"How was it? It's delicious, isn't it? I told you my cooking is good," Adelaide boasted about her dish.

The others looked at Mireia, waiting for her verdict on Adelaide's dish.

"Hehe... Yes... It's... It's good," Mireia hesitantly replied.

"Hahaha! I told you so! It's no surprise that this kind of food is new to your taste buds, hence why you find it tasteless," exclaimed Adelaide with glee. Mireia approached Adelaide and whispered softly in her ear.

"Auntie, it's really bland," she murmured, scratching her head as she faced Adelaide.

"Eh? Oh... hehehe," replied Adelaide, scratching her head in return. Solidad, who overheard Mireia's whisper, couldn't help but shake her head and suppress a laugh.

All eyes turned to Zaphiropoulos as he began to speak.

"Good afternoon to each and everyone of you... I am humbled by your presence here today. I wish to express my deepest gratitude for the opportunity you have given me to make amends for the errors of my past. I am especially grateful to Mireia, whose unwavering support and guidance have led me back to the path of righteousness.

Today, I stand before you a changed man, ready to embrace my responsibilities as your leader with renewed vigor and dedication. I pledge to serve you with honor and integrity, to uphold the values that have made our kingdom great, and to work tirelessly to ensure the prosperity and well-being of all our citizens.

But today is also a day of celebration, a day to revel in the joy of life and the bonds that unite us. I urge you all to join me in this moment of merriment, to dance, sing, and make merry, and to cherish the company of your fellow subjects.

May our kingdom continue to thrive and prosper, and may our bonds of friendship and camaraderie grow stronger with each passing day. Thank you, and long live our kingdom."

Zaphiropoulos expressed his gratitude to everyone. The crowd erupted in applause after his speech.

"Now, I want everyone to enjoy! That's all. You may continue the celebration," Zaphiropoulos announced.

The festivities continued, and everyone was having a great time. Some were dancing, singing, and joking around. Some played musical instruments, and the sounds they created became the rhythm that others followed in their dance. Mireia watched with delight as vampires danced, until someone tapped her on the arm. She turned to see who it was.