Chapter 16- Friends Close, Enemies Closer

Почніть із самого початку

I'm at the sink, napkins in my hand doused with water to try and remove the stain, when Faith began whispering.

I paid no attention to it thinking she was talking to herself.

Her volume raised a bit but the words weren't understandable.

That is, until she repeated it from the beginning and got even louder, to which she stared at me with what was once blue, turned black eyes.

"Faith is bound to Destiny as one. When Hope is Destiny's Faith, they will be the supernova destruction of your upcoming dimension."

I gasped and she lunged at me, squeezing my airways, her fingernails digging into the skin of my throat. 

Immediately I iced her arm with her screeching in pain.

She released me and I barged out of the washroom and out of the cafe on the whole.

She is one of the witches!

Jogging down the street, I rummaged through my mind for places to go. 

I couldn't go to my house, because then she'd know where I live.

I couldn't go to the cabin, because then I'd be putting everyone else in danger.

I have to face her. Find out how powerful she is.

Just then, I felt her presence tailing my every move, so I took her to a park where I know she wouldn't harm me.

At least, that's what I thought.

Once she realized it was just us two, she constricted my movements at bay so I would not be able to move, and turned me to face her.

"My sisters and I have a gift for you," she pulled out a silver bracelet studded with black magic within the tiny crystals. 

"But I'm not allowed to give it to you yet," in a slow-motion, her nails sunk into my chest leaving a long bloody gash.

"GAH!" I shouted in overbearing pain.

With the flick of her hand, I was thrown a couple of distances from my original spot.

I positioned myself to land on one knee with my palm on the ground.

I controlled my breathing and focused my mind to lay a protective barrier around me while Faith circled me like a predator stalking its prey.

She made eye contact with me and flexed a devious smirk, slowly backing away from my barrier.

Where'd she go?

PAM!

I jumped. My focus was broken and so was the barrier.

She appeared in front of me and I took a step back but still stood my ground. 

"Fearless I see," she tilted her head, "Pathetic."

She slowly approached me till we were at arm's length and whispered. 

"Blum!"