Silence before the storm

Start from the beginning

'Then what happened abhay? Why did u not tell me anything about him when I asked you.', piya asked curiously.

'When he returned I made my mind that I won't ever let u meet him but he was too cunning to let it go. He planned to meet you by offering that internship through panchi. That's why that day I had to call you to the locker room but I lied to break you so you could stay away from me and I knew u won't attend interview when u were broken. I did everything to make you leave me because I didn't want siddharth to know about you , especially to see your face. But I failed to save you from that monster. He warned me if you ever get to know about his true self, he won't be hiding his monster anymore from anyone. I couldn't take the risk of many lives. So I remained silent and let him do whatever he wanted. U are so innocent, transparent and so naive piya. I knew it if I tell you u won't be able to hide it from him for longer as he would go through ur mind and know it in second.
He asked me to play a game where I had to save you and he would try to win you. Having no choice left i left it on time. Soon I got his plan when I found that he was taking you out on the full moon night and u know what that means.', abhay elaborated.

'What?', piya asked.

'It means that if a vampire bite a human on three consecutive full moon night then that human turns out to be a monster like the one who bite him/ her. He wanted to make you like him ,a man eater monster which I couldn't allow. So to stop him I had no choice especially when u weren't ready to listen me. Before he could bite you I had to do it.', abhay explained.

'But he already had maithili who needed my blood to gain powers. So why would he bite me instead it should be maithili?', piya asked out of more confusion.

'I know piya. I took time to understand but I got it when I saw maithili. It was all his plan. He wanted to rule over us with maithili. But maithili would never leave me he knew it. So he made this plan. He did it deliberately. He knew I would do anything to save you from him so he just pretended to bite you and to keep you safe from him till next moon, I had to stay close to you as your symptoms were also showing its way. He made sure that maithili witness my love for you which he did. In this all, he won your confidence when you found that I bit you. He won both ,urs and maithili confidence in him. That's all.', he sighed and closed his eyes.

Piya felt too bad that she didn't trust him enough with her safety. She doubted him whose love she always craved for. Most terrible thing was that she trusted siddharth's each lie about him even when she knew about his past. She went to him to know about Abhay' s truth and about Raichands. She was feeling terrible now.
How could be she so stupid? She hide her face on his chest and her tears made its way on her cheeks, soaking in his shirt. Abhay felt wetness and looked down. She was crying. But he couldn't see tears in her eyes. He cupped her face and made her look into his eyes.

'Ssshhhh piya... Why are u crying? It's not ur fault. Everyone do that what you did.'

'No abhay. I don't deserve your love. I never trusted you enough. I always said I trust you more than anything but I realise I lied.' , piya said while sobbing and looked down not able to face his eyes.

'No piya. U never lied. Just look at me. Can't u see how much I love you. Don't you find love for you in my eyes?', abhay asked in a hope she would stop crying.

Piya looked up and nodded.

'Then keep quiet . U are not at fault it was me who never told you anything. I can read mind even then I want to know everything. I also doubt even after this. So think how you will feel when you have no idea whats going on. When someone orders you without telling you what it was for. It is not about trust piya. I know u were angry with me then because of the words I said to you and this anger led one thing to another . Nothing else.', saying this abhay pulled her into a tight hug, rubbing her back to calm her down.