"Who?" She asked.

Samuel chuckled lightly and intertwined his fingers as he casually sat on Vladimir's chair beside her.
Samuel leaned closer with a taunting smile.

"I know that you've been alone for some decades now. And this pureblood's company never satisfy you anymore as much as it did before." He said that caused Vladimir to attempt to attack him but Samuel effortlessly made ice appear beneath his feet. Thus, preventing him to move from his spot.

"Vampires tend to have kink with their partners. The more soul their partner had taken, it should taste good enough right? But not if souls were taken intentionally. It makes the vampire's blood reek with filth!" Samuel continued and it only aggressed Vladimir more.

"What are you trying to say?" She asked nonchalantly.

"There is someone..." Samuel said as he leaned back.

"Have you heard about angels of death?"

Rhian frowned as she turned at Vladimir who finally stopped overreacting and had the same expression as her.

Angels of death are never a joke.

They're one of the beings that should never be underestimated.
Such as demons and those in the celestial hierarchy.

"Among people like us... Who hasn't..." she said and turned to look back at Samuel.

"You're not saying that the next angel of death is born in our time. Are you?" Vladimir asked.

"Newsflash. He was born 20 years ago in this same city. But I'm afraid today might possibly be the end of his time." Samuel explained.

"No sh*t! He couldn't have possibly served his purpose in just 20 years in life. If he did. We would've heard about it. Why would he return to heaven so soon!?" Vladimir questioned. Samuel finally removed him from the ice.

"You don't understand. The angel of death is going to suicide within a short while. He's on his way now to the tallest roof in this university." Samuel stated that took both vampires in surprise.

"You know about that! Shouldn't you be alerting the guardians!? Then why are you still here?" Rhian snapped as she stood up with aggression.

"Because of you!"

A brief silence took over their conversation before Samuel continued speaking.

"He's merely a boy. And he's very depressed because of his own ability. And I'm afraid our angel of death was born from a non-religious family. He had no idea who he is and was treated badly by everyone around him." Samuel explained and stood up to level with her but simply towering over the vampires instead.

"That poor boy was locked in his room like a prisoner. And when he made it out. He accidentally took his family's life in attempt to reunite with them."

Samuel's voice sounded sad the more he speaks about the said angel.

"He learned why he was imprisoned by his family but it was too late for he had killed them all. When people came and tried to harm him. He killed everyone with no intention of doing it."

"He was afraid but he put up a fight."

"He was afraid but he tried to live to repent for his sins."

"But now he's spent and tired."

"And he will kill himself."

"If that happens. He'll be the second angel of death to do this in their history. Ending one race with his life. And it will be your race this time!"

Samuel finished as he watches how both of the vampires became completely speechless and muted.

It's true that if an angel of death kills him or herself. That angel will travel to death and bring an entire race with him to compensate for his or her faled duties.
So if the current angel dies. Every vampires, either pureblood or not. They will all die and perish. Traveling to the valley of the dead without any sort of guide.

"Time waits for no one. He'll be dead within seven minutes." He said and was about to leave when Rhian threw him one last question.

"Why me?" She asked.

Samuel looked at her with a gentle expression and smiled.

"It's not yet time for you to know the reason why."

I hope you liked the chapter.
Don't forget to vote and comment to share your thoughts.