"Oh, you made it pretty obvious." He smirked, and immediately, Asami regretted asking. "When you were three, and we would walk outside, you'd leave my hand and run up to any women on the street and tell them how beautiful they are–"

Asami's cheeks burned. "That doesn't mean anything!" She interrupted, pouting.

"Wait, it gets better!" Her dad started laughing from the story, having trouble keeping it together. "Everytime you did that, those women would get so happy because you were so fucking adorable, and they would thank you or hug you or something like that. Then... w-when I told you to come back you–" her dad had to pause, giggling hysterically and wiping tears of laughter from his eyes. "–when you returned,  you always had the same, sly smile like you knew exactly what you were doing!"

Asami's eyes widened, her entire face burning up. "Oh God, please tell me that it never actually happened."

"Oh, but it did!" Her dad was laughing so loudly at this point, that people on the street gave him a weird look. "You were so smooth back then! You get that from me."

Asami scrunched her nose in disgust. "Ew." She mumbled.

"Anyways, yeah, I've known for a while now," he chuckled, "also, you weren't nearly as sneaky as you thought you were as a teenager."

After his first story, Asami legitimately didn't think it could get any worse. She was wrong. "Oh my God," she muttered, pacing nervously, "so, you knew? This entire time I was trying to hide my bisexuality, and you already knew?"

"Well, I didn't know you were bisexual," her dad said, eyebrows clenching in confusion as he slowly took in the rest of her statement. "You were trying to hide it? Why?"

Asami stopped in her tracks. "Well... you see..." she mumbled, unsure of how to phrase it lightly.

Though she didn't look her father in the eyes, she knew realization was dawning on him. "You thought I wouldn't accept you?" He said, and even though he did his best to hide it, she could hear the hurt in his voice.

"Because..." Asami didn't know what to say, "you're just so traditional... I mean, look at where we are." She gestured towards the current setting. "I'm literally getting an arranged marriage."

"Asami," he softly spoke, smiling at her genuinely, "I know I care about tradition, but I care about you your happiness more. I don't mind who you love, I just want you to be happy, and I love you no matter what."

Asami felt like crying. "Really?" She asked in a small voice.

He nodded. "Really." He promised. "I already told you, if you don't like who I chose, if you're unhappy, we'll cancel this whole thing. Just... give it a chance, okay? I'm sure Korra's a good fit for you."

Ugh, why does she have to be my type? "How are you so sure?" Asami asked, curious.

"Because she's a hard working woman," he simply answered, "since she's like the princess of the southern watertribe, she decided to move here where there isn't a title attached to her name in order to prove herself. She's passionate and kind, and I know for a fact that she's your type."

Asami blushed. "How do you even know what my type is?" She mumbled.

"You like strong women," her father laughed, "like father like daughter."

Asami scrunched her nose in disgust. "Ew. Please stop talking." She said.

"Okay," he agreed, "as long as you go back inside and give this family a chance."