Squid Game

(You already know what's up 💀 Also please don't read if you don't like spoilers but this is heavily based on Ep. 6)

Squid Game.

A competition of people so desperate that they're willing to put their lives on a gamble to win such a rare chance of a heavenly load of money to cure whatever problem it was that they had.

The epitome of desperate times called for desperate measures.

The winners of the last game of tug of war were now in the set of the next game. The set had a beautiful sunset wallpaper on the walls with  buildings that were made to look like the village the majority lived in back during their childhoods or younger years. Nostalgia was the goal for the people to take space in.

The people had their partners with them, ready to take on whatever challenge would be presented. The old paired up with the young, the selfish paired up with the sympathetic, and last but not least, the determined paired up with the careless.

A mix of people meant another set of challenge besides the one they were presented with. Every time another game had started, the game wasn't the only thing to beat and accomplish, you also the people you had to battle against.

Even then, people with the same morals who had to go up against each other was a bigger challenge as there would be a bigger sacrifice for them to make that went against their beliefs. But, the fact that you were even here in a place like this meant that you would have to put all your morals and values behind if you wanted to win. After all you were here to survive and get the cash, not make friends.

The announcer had already laid out the rules for the game they would play. Each player were given ten marbles and in order to win, one player would need to have 20 marbles. There were no violence allowed and you could play any game that you wanted with your partner. With it said, the game started as the clock showed 30 minutes.

With it said, Y/n stood before her partner, Beyoncé, a young girl around her age with blonde yet afro-textured hair and who stood just a few inches shorter than her. She was the one who came up to Y/n to partner up, even assuring her that she would win. Her confident attitude drawing Y/n to accept the offer.

Even without knowing what the game would be, people had wanted to pair up with men and only men feeling as if women were the weaklings and would bring them down. Even certain women tried to choose only men excluding out their own kind.

The strength of women were overlooked in these type of places.

This game didn't need strength though. Well, physical strength. What it needed was mental strength. The ability to go through without having to feel pushed back by your emotions and these two would come to see and feel it.

Beyoncé sat on the upper side of the short concrete stairs as Y/n stood against the brick wall.

Beyoncé started off, "Let's... end the game in one round. Let's bet everything and and just play one round. Do you want to do that for the entire remaining time?" She nodded her head up towards another set of players who were actually playing the games and celebrating a short victory or whining at the temporary loss.

"Fine. What are we playing?"

"Why are you in such a hurry? Are you dying to kill me?" Beyoncé smiled in a playful manner. "We're just playing one round and we have some time left so, let's do it last minute."