Chapter 18

"Now, I'll ask one last time, is it ok for me to sift through your life memories to see if there's anything weird that happened?" He asked. I nodded, "I give you my permission to look through them." I said. He thanked me gently, and placed both of his claws on either side of my head. I could feel what he was doing, but just slightly. It was like a whisper of a feeling. After a couple seconds, light suddenly burst from my head, and a whole bunch of images shot out. I shouted and sunk down, holding my arm over my head to block the flying images from hitting me.

They all began to form in a line, and once the chaos subsided, I could see that this little roll of film was my life being played out before me. Kamek touched the role lightly, and went stiff. His eyes were open wide, and colors flashed before them. "Uhm, Kamek?" I asked, flying over cautiously. No response. I waved my hand lightly in front of him. Nothing. This stillness went on for about 25 minutes. Nothing but dead silence from him. Suddenly, he was moving again. He blinked many times over and held his claws to his temples, massaging them lightly. "Are you alright?" I asked gently, coming over to him.

"Yes, yes I'm alright. Just... There's a lot to process." He said, looking up at me. I chuckled. "Don't I know it." I said, crossing my arms. He turned away from me, still thinking over everything he saw. "From your perspective, I saw nothing come about except for the change in your brothers that one day. But, seeing things from their perspective should give us a little more insite." He said. I nodded. "How are we going to find them?" I asked. Kamek simply smiled. "Just think of them. And-" suddenly, Kamek looked as if he were pulled harshly to his left and away. "Kamek!!" I shouted, panic finding me at first.

"Just think of Mario. Trust me." I heard his voice say. I blinked. "Uhm, ok." I thought about my brother, and just like Kamek, was pulled harshly toward my right. I flew through the air so quickly, my surroundings became a blur. But when I finally stopped and looked down, I saw him. Mario. Sleeping peacefully in a bed in Peaches kingdom. 3 emotions hit me right as I saw him. Anger, fear and sorrow. I backed away from him quickly, holding myself while I stared at him. How could he look so peaceful when he's put me through so much?

Kamek went over to him, and just like with me, touched his temples and had his life come shooting out in a film. "This time Kamek, can I join you?" I asked, watching as the memories lined themselves up. "If you think you're ready. I do warn you though, it's mentally exhausting. " He said. I nodded, knowing that nothing would compare to how I've felt for the last couple of years. Kamek came over, touching my shoulder lightly. "We touch at the same time. Are you ready?" He asked, looking at me. I looked down at the film, and took a deep breath in. The anger and betrayal I've felt kept my notion of finding the truth strong. "I am." I sighed. "Then on 3."

"1."

"2."

"3."

We both touched at the same time, and it felt like I was suddenly being sucked forward. Once the feeling stopped, I realised that I was in Marios head. And it was the day that everything changed.

"We're ready to go, (y/n). Are you coming with? Or is all the Royal malarky to much for your little brain to handle?" Mario chuckled upon seeing (y/n)'s annoyed face. "You know that royal stuff isn't for me. Besides, tonight's gonna be potatoe soup night, and you don't want to miss out on coming home to warm soup right?" (Y/n) asked, holding up a small bag of potatoes and swinging it in front of Marios face. "Yeah, I guess you're right. Well then, we'll be off. I promise we'll be home before 6, just in time for dinner and an episode or 2 of Kid Cosmix." He said, waving a small goodbye to (y/n) as him and Luigi stepped out the door.