Chapter 11

Well, here I am. I've made it just outside the gates of his castle. I'm exhausted. My feet and legs hurt tremendously. I'm covered head to toe in sand. I'm thirsty. I want to cry because of 1000 different things. I want a shower. I want food. I want gallons upon gallons of cold water. I just want rest.

I walked up to the gates, and immediately the 2 koopas crossed their weapons, not allowing me to pass. "Who are you and what business do you have here?" One said. I looked over at him, pulled my hood off, and glared. "My names (y/n). I've been here before. I've been through about a week and a half of hell, and I want in. If you won't let me, I'll just scream like a maniac until big boss Bowser comes down to find a tortured and broken me." I said, giving them a crooked smile as a couple grains of sand fell out of my mouth.

They both gave each other a weary look, and slowly lifted their weapons to allow me through. I smiled in delight. "Thank you guys. You're literal life savers." I said before dragging my tired ass into the gardens. I walked up the steps, pushed open the door, and stepped in.

As soon as I stepped in, happiness and strength flooded me. Right at that moment, I knew this place was home. This place was the place for me. I could feel it in my core. I could feel it in my heart.

I took a deep breath in, and sighed with a giant grin. Now I need to go and get myself cleaned up. I walked around corners, through hallways, and was proud of myself for finding the room that I was staying in. I immediately went for the bathroom. I walked in, closed the door, locked it, and looked at myself in the mirror.

I had a sun burn, just in the rectangle of where my eyes we're. Everything else on me was just dirty, and sand covered. If anything, it looked like I had a fun day at the beach. I stripped my clothes off, watching and hearing as sand fell off. I still had the shackles around my wrists, ankles and neck, but that didn't matter. All I wanted was a cold shower.

I proceeded to spend the next 2 hours under cold running water, cleaning myself and getting as much sand off of me as I could. The real problem would be my hair. No matter how many times I scrubbed at my scalp, or went through my hair, their always seemed to be sand. After I got out what I could, I stood wrapped in a towel at the sink, brushing my teeth about a thousand times over. I looked up at myself in the mirror when I was done. I didn't look to bad for a seemingly dead bitch that just survived the worst week and a half of her life.

A feeling of complete power and pride suddenly ran through my tired body. "You know what? Fuck it." I grabbed the electric razor out from underneath the sink, plugged it in, took a deep breath, turned it on, and shaved down the direct center of my head.

"THIS IS FOR ME MARIO. I SURVIVED YOUR ASS. AND NOW, I GET TO COME BACK AS A NEW PERSON. YOU NO LONGER HOLD ME BACK. THE HAIR THAT WENT THROUGH SO MUCH HELL, NOW GETS TO LEAVE AND MAKE WAY FOR NEW GROWTH. NEW GROWTH WHERE I'M NOT CONFINED TO YOU. YOU KNOW WHY?? BECAUSE I LOVE MYSELF THAT'S WHY. I'VE BEEN THROUGH HELL AND BACK. I'VE LIVED MY LIFE IN SORROW AND HATRED. AND NOW, I GET TO BE ME. I GET TO BE IN A PLACE THAT I DESERVE. I DESERVE LOVE. I DESERVE CARE. AND I DESERVE TO NEVER HAVE TO DEAL WITH YOU AGAIN!!!!!!!!"

I shouted those words with all my soul. Tears of complete power and determination flowed out of me. I smiled through those tears. I shaved off the hair with pride. Watching the hair drop to the floor felt like I was watching my connections with him drop. My soul felt lighter after every pass. In about 5 minutes, I was bald. No hair was left on my head. And luckily, no sand was on my head either.