Chapter 2

It's been about an hour since I left. No one has come after me, thankfully. I had just got done passing through the Fire Flowers, and now I'm onto just forest. I know that if I follow this path through, and follow the path of dead trees when the fork comes, that it'll lead me to bowsers kingdom, but that's still a good 3 hours away. I mentally went through my bag, and decided that if I stopped now to collect some resources, that I'd be able to last all the way to his castle.

So I pulled over, stopped my motorcycle and got off. My back still stung horribly, and I could feel that the fabric of my overalls and shirt were torn in the back. I had forgotten to re-pack clothes in my bag, so my ripped outfit would just have to do. I picked some of the acorns off the tree, along with some regular apples. The apples I used as fuel for my motorcycle.

I didn't know it was possible until I accidentally dropped one in my tank. I wanted to try and get it out, but I would have been covered in oil. And I didn't want to be oil covered when I went to race in peaches garden. So I just left it in. I raced all day that day. Got home, immediately opened the cap and used a flashlight to look inside, and the apple was gone. It never messed with my motorcycle. It just kinda, dissapeared. I tested my apple theory for a month solid after that. I never needed actual fuel since then. Just an apple or 2 to last me a whole days race and then some.

So I collected a couple apples, put 1 inside the tank, bit into another to feed myself something, and got back to riding. As I raced down the dirt road, my mind wondered to that day. When I had an apple in my tank and I came in 5th place. I was actually racing quite good that day, but Bowser was the one that was head to head with me the whole time. All day, it seemed as though it was a race only me and him were having with each other. One of us would surpass the other, be teiumphamt for a little, and we'd pass again. And it was that fight all day.

There was once he chucked a green shell at me, hit me dead center on my back tire, and I ended up flipping into a bush. I was stuck inside it, upside down, for about 5 minutes. I tried getting myself out, but it was the type of stuck where the branches would push harshly against my ribcage if I tried to lift myself out. Bowser ended up getting me out of the bush, pulling me out with one hand by both of my legs. I was sore and kind of cut up, but he ended up apologizing.

*~ Flashback ~*

I felt someone grab both of my legs, and pull me out of the bush. The branches pushed harshly against my ribcage and snapped at the force. The rest of the bush scratched me up as I came out, but whoever grabbed me had me out of it and standing on solid ground again. I turned to see who it was. None other than Bowser. "Thank you for getting me out of there." I said as I swiped leaves and twigs off of me. "No problem. I'm sorry that I launched you into the bush. I didn't mean for it to be that harsh." He said. My heart softened a little

He really isn't to bad, is he? "No worries. I've been stuck inside a bush many times, so I can handle it." I said, pulling a twig out my hair and tossing back into the bush that now has an indent where I had been stuck. "Well, it's not all bad. I ended up chucking you across the finish line before I could get across, so you took 4th place." He said, pointing up at the scoreboard that towered high over the start line. My name was in the 4th place spot, Bowser just underneath. "Oh, well thanks. Even if the circumstances weren't to good." I chuckled. He laughed with me, and waved goodbye before heading back to his castle. My heart fluttered. I don't know if this was just from getting positive attention, or... Something more.

*~End Of Flashback~*

I snapped out of my own thoughts and back into reality, when I saw the fork in the road. One, a lush green that led toward a beach (I know by personal experience) and the other, a decaying dark forest, that led to Bowsers kingdom. I took the road lesser travelled and knew that in 20 minutes time, I'd be riding through the kingdom and up to his castle.

I watched as the clear water turned to stone, and then to lava on its other side. The trees, even though dead and seemingly burnt, stood tall over the path and loomed over it in crooked arches. The ground went from soft and lush, to hard and cracked. I could see his kingdom emerge as I went over the final hill. His castle was big, dark and brooding. Opposite of peaches castle. He had tall stone walls blocking off his citizens from his kingdom. The town itself, a run down and crime ridden area. Goombas, bomb-ombs, squids, piranha plants and every other villain roamed the streets.

As I rode through the center of town, all eyes we're on me. They all knew who I was. And what the clothes I was wearing meant. I could just feel the tension building as I kept going. A couple of the piranha plants snapped in my direction as I rode by, but it didn't faze me. I rode up the small hill to Bowsers kingdom, and 4 koopas stood by. Specifically the hammer brothers. They all noticed me right away, and steppes forward as I came to a stop just in front of them.

"No one is allowed past this point." One of them said as I got off my bike. "I want to make a deal with King Bowser." I said firmly. They all looked at eachother in disbelief. "The sibling of our kings arch nemesis? Wanting to make a deal?" They all burst out laughing. I reached into my bag as the fell over eachother laughing, and pulled out a crowbar.

Nothing magical, just a regular crowbar. And gave one of the koopas a good whack on the head. They all stopped laughing, and the one I whacked rubbed his head in the spot I just hit. "Damn, what the hell was that for?" He asked, standing back up. "I said I wanted to make a deal with your King. So either you let me in, or I'll go in myself." It looked like they were going to talk back but I held the crowbar up and they stopped.

One of them grabbed a walkie-talkie, and pressed the button. "Sorry to disturb you your majesty, but the female sibling of the Mario Brothers is hear to make a deal. Should we let her in?" I listened intently and the koopas staired at me in return. He wasn't saying anything. It looked like he was about to try talking again, but them Bowser finally responded. "Let her through, and one of you bring her to the throne room." He demanded. "Yes sire." The koopas said.

He looked back over to me. "Come on, let's go. You can bring the motorcycle too, we have a place to park it." He said. I grabbed the handlebars of my bike and followed the koopa in. I heard the metal gate slam behind me, and now I knew that this was final. There was no turning back now.

Inside his kingdom was very different than the outside. In here he had lush gardens. Mostly full of roses, which was kinda cute. This big villain that runs a dark kingdom and he fills his gardens with roses. As we got closer to the front doors, another koopa came out and took my motorcycle from me. "Please be gentle with her. She's the only bike I have." I said. The koopa turned and smiled. "Lady, we treat our bikes up hear with the utmost respect. See?" I followed where he was pointing. A whole shed full of motorcycles could be seen, and none of them or the surrounding area looked dirty.

I nodded lightly and continued to follow the other koopa into the castle. The doors opened and it looked just as I expected. Dark, with red accents everywhere. His clans symbol was up on banners in the main hall. The koopa took me down that main hall, went left and we ended up in the thrown room. In the center, a big round table with many chairs. Koopas were sat around it, papers sprawled out. And, up in his thrown, there was Bowser.

In this setting he looked much more threatening the other times. When we raced, he looked like just another being. But here, he looked high and mighty, and like I don't deserve to be in his presence. The koopa that I had followed lead me up to the steps to his thrown, bowed and left. I wasn't sure what to do next.

I looked up at him, and my whole body heated. The exact angle we were at, his presence was dark but... Enticing. "So, you said you wanted to make a deal?"

Word Count: 1616