Chapter sixteen

By Denisha <3
December 22

"So is this going to be like them books you be reading?" M.J asked Teagan .

"What you mean?" Teagan questioned, she had just told her about Ace being her new boss, but she didn't tell her how exactly.

"You know, the main character falls for the boss and they fuck over the bosses desk?" M.J says smirking.

"This is your brother we are talking about." Teagan responded face palming.

"I know, I want to be a auntie." M.J shrugged her shoulders.

"That's happening no time soon, at least not the kids part." Ace said as walked to their booth grabbing their cups.

Ace did leave that morning to do whatever he had to do with the men. Yet he still found time to work at the barista.

"So what other part is going to happen?" M.J asked making Teagan blush.

"Shut up girl." She said which made Ace laugh.

Teagan got up. "Aren't you coming to the office tomorrow?" She asked Ace referring to her place of work. He nodded slightly and she knew he didn't want to talk about it, considering they had to lie about how he became the new CEO. They had said something along of the lines of somebody that was like a father to him left the building to him and M.J believed them.

Teagan got the message and told them she had to go renew her book at the library.

*****

It was now the next morning and Teagan got ready for work and so did Ace. They weren't going on at the same time because of complications.

Once she got to work and went to her office setting new updates to the company's systems. She heard her coworkers talking about the new boss. They knew that he was going to be way younger then their old one.

"He's hot, I'm not going to lie." Teagan heard one of them say, which made her roll her eyes and she wanted to believe that it wasn't out of jealousy, but she knew it was.

He walked pass her office making eye contact with her because her door was open. She couldn't lie, he was looking good in that suit. He was looking more then good.

She went the whole work day without seeing him. She was beginning to think that he was avoiding her. Why would he? Was he embarrassed to know me? She asked confused and kind of hurt but she didn't want to make assumptions.

By the end of the day her eyes were hurting from staring at the computer screen more then usual. She left work before Ace and went to the barista. He walked in the shop a hour later in black sweatpants and a black t-shirt.

She was going to avoid him like he was doing her. He sat in front of her waiting on her to speak but instead she kept her head in a new book she had got in the mail when she went home yesterday.

"You good?" He asked her seeing she wasn't speaking.

"Are you?" She asked back rudely not really wanting to the answer.

"Why you acting like that?" She just ignored him. They were always getting I to the ignoring battles trying to see who was going to last the longest. They acted like middle schoolers.

"What you mad about now, what I do?" He said acting clueless. He knew she was hurt by him ignoring her but he didn't want her to get caught up in his other business.