29

[Maya's POV]
Carina and I paced around the waiting room. Patiently waiting for the doctor to give us some kind of news of the situation. They hadn't informed us about anything yet which concerned me a lot.

Just as I was about to make another lap around the waiting room a doctor arrived, calling our name.

"Do you have an update?"

"I have, we need your consent to do an appendectomy. It occurs that Casey's appendix was almost bursting, we need to perform the surgery as soon as possible to prevent that from happening" he informed us.

"Is it dangerous?" I asked.

"It's a routine procedure, it's not common with complications in this type of surgery. However there might become complications if we don't preform the surgery now" he said.

"You have our consent, please just save our girl" I told him.

He nodded, pulling his mask back on before walking back to the room Casey was in. Carina and I both watched as they wheeled her out on the hospital bed, on their way to the surgery. All I wanted to do was make Casey feel better, but all I could do was wait.

As the time passed my worrying increased, so did Carina's. I had earlier asked another nurse how long the procedure is supposed to take, she said that it takes an hour without complications. It had now been two hours.

"We need to go check on her- what if something happened" I panicked.

"We can't go in there Maya" she told me.

I felt someone place a hand on my shoulder, turning around to see the doctor standing there.

"Is she okay?" I asked.

"She is stable, however when we took her appendix out it had started to burst so we had to clean out the abdomen which resulted in that she will probably have a bigger scar than it usually is after this kind of procedure" he said.

"But she's okay? Other than the scar?"

"Yes, she's okay. The scar will be about two to three inches, hopefully it will fade a little bit" he said.

"Thank you, for helping her" I said, shaking his hand.

He led us to the patient room, Casey laying on the bed still sleeping from the surgery. She had slightly more color on her face now, not looking so pale.

"She will wake up soon, if there's anything you're wondering please don't hesitate to ask" he said, closing the door on his way out.

Carina and I sat down on each side of the bed, holding her hands.

"Come on baby, wake up" I whispered, placing a kiss on her forehead.

"Mmm"

"Hey hey, you're safe" I said, noticing the panicked look on Casey's face as she opened her eyes.

"W-what happened?"

"The doctors had to perform an appendectomy on you, they fixed it and you will only have a small scar" I explained.

She tried sitting up, without any luck. She whimpered in pain as she laid back down.

"Don't try to get up, you need to rest" the doctor said, taking a little bit of hand sanitizer before pulling out his stethoscope.

"I'm just going to listen to your heart and lungs before I check in your scar" he let her know.

He placed the stethoscope on her back, then her lungs. Instructing her to take deep breaths.

"Heart and lungs sounds good" he told us.

"When can I go h-home?" Casey asked him.

"Tomorrow morning, we just want to keep you under observation to make sure everything is alright before we send you home" he explained.

"When you get to go home tomorrow it's still important to rest, I would recommend staying home the first couple of days before going back to school" he added.

[Casey's POV]
Yesterday when I had woken up from surgery I was just up for a couple of minutes before going back to sleep again. It felt like I hadn't slept in weeks but that was probably just because of the pain my body had gone thru.

"Let me help you" Maya said, leading me to the wheelchair.

"Is it really necessary" I mumbled, sitting down.

"Yes Casey it's necessary, your body needs the rest" Maya said sternly.

"Bella, it's just so you don't hurt yourself" Carina said, giving me a reassuring smile.

We reached the apartment half an hour later. Carina helped me get to the couch. I pulled out my phone, seeing a bunch of texts from Samuel. I texted him back telling him that I was fine and that I was back home again, so he didn't worry.

"We are ordering food, what are you feeling up for?" Carina asked.

"Can we get food from that Italian place? Their pasta is amazing"

"Of course, I'll order it right now" she said, walking away to the kitchen.

Just a few minutes later there was a knock on the door, I tried getting up but Maya beat me to it, giving me a stern look in the process.

"You're welcome to stay for dinner" I heard Maya said, opening the door a little bit more so Sam could get in.

"Oh, I didn't know you were coming here today" I said, covering up with the blanket.

"I just needed to see you, it was pretty scary seeing you like that. I wanted to make sure you were really okay" he said, sitting down next to me.

"I am okay, I promise. Thank you for coming here" I told him, trying to lean against his shoulder but I was stoped by the pain in my stomach.

He sat down behind me instead, letting me lean against him in that way instead so it wouldn't hurt.

"Dinner's here" Maya announced, placing down four plates on the table.

"This is really good" Sam said.

"Mmhm it's amazing" I agreed.

"Casey told me you have a little brother, how old is he?" Carina asked Sam.

"I have two younger siblings actually, my little brother Joshua is five and then there's my other brother Leon he's three years old" Sam explained.

"Leon, that's an Italian name. Is your parents from Italy?" Carina asked.

"No, my grandpa was born there so I guess that's my they choose an Italian name" he told her.

"It's actually nice having siblings, not when they throw tantrums tho" he added, laughing a bit.

"Both of them are super nice, and obsessed with Spider-Man" I told Maya and Carina, remembering that one time at Sam's house when his brothers wouldn't stop talking about the movie.

"I think that have watched the Spider-Man movie at least six times now" Sam said.

After dinner Sam and I went up to my room, taking it careful up the stairs. We laid down on the bed, cuddling.

"Do you need anything before we go to sleep?" He asked.

"No I'm good, I just want to cuddle with you"

A/N
What do you guys want to happen next?