13

[Maya's POV]
Seeing how panicked Casey was getting and how fast she was breathing, I needed to get her calm.
Damn it, I shouldn't have asked her that.
I probably triggered her in to some memories she hadn't felt or talked about in a long time.

"Sweetheart" I approached her.

"I w-won't do it again" she said, looking all over the room.

"Calm down for me" I took a hold of her hands which startled her.

I pulled her on to my lap pressing her tightly against my chest, rubbing her back while I whispered encouraging words to her.

"Shhh Relax" I soothed as I felt her stir in my arms again.

"Wh-when t-Tom"

"You don't have to sweetheart, it was really stupid of me to start talking about that" I said.

"When Tom first put his hands on me I-I told my previous social worker but she didn't believe me, she told me I was l-lying when I said he had punched me"

"I s-stoped telling people after that because no one believed me anyway, Tom would always punch me in my stomach or places where the marks wouldn't be visible, until a couple of months ago when he started choking me and slapping me across my face. He would-" she cut herself of by letting out a cry.

"It's okay it's okay" I soothed.

"He would punch me on my stomach because he thought I was fat, whenever-whenever either of them had snacks or food he would always say I was too unhealthy to eat them that's why he punched me on my stomach. He made me go for long runs to get rid of all the calories that I had consumed" she admitted.

"I'm so sorry Casey" I kissed her forehead.

"That's why you never ate lunch in the cafeteria" Carina put the pieces together.

"They never made lunch for me they only made lunch for their other kid, I was always told I was the unwanted kid" she said whispering the last words.

"Bambina listen to me, Maya and I love you so much and we want you. Your our ray of sunshine" Carina explained.

"Oh god" she pulled away from my grip, running towards the bathroom.

I looked at Carina with a puzzled expression until we heard Casey throw up.
She had locked the door so we couldn't get inside.

"Casey, open the door okay?"

"Let us help" we said.

"So stupid"

"so stupid"

"so stupid"

We heard her say from inside the bathroom.

"Open the door please Casey" I pleaded.

She unlocked the door, looking really pale her eyes red and puffy. "Come here" I said and tried pulling her in for a hug.

"No, no I can't" she explained.

"Why?" I asked.

"I shouldn't- I shouldn't have told you" she whispered.

"Casey you did the only right thing, we can help you now and if you would like to press charges against him that's what we will do. Carina and I are here for you always" I said.

"I just want to forget about it all, I don't want to remember it" she looked away.

"If I were able to take away all that and all of your worries I would do it, sadly that's not how it works. If you decide that you never want to talk about it again then that's fine with us but if you decide that you would like to talk to us about it then that's also okay"