6

[Casey's POV]
After a couple of hours trying to fall asleep I managed to at least sleep for four hours before waking up again, this time I decided it was no use in trying to fall back asleep. Instead I got out of bed and went in to the living room.
I sat down on their couch, letting my thoughts about everything run around freely.
I started imagining a lot of different scenarios like I always sit alone by the cafeteria not really eating because I never got any lunch form home with me so now I will actually have to eat if they give me a lunch.
Which also means that I will have to find a table and eat where there's other students, not liking that idea so much. The rumors had spread around quickly about me getting beat up by Tom, I can only imagine how fast this must've spread around the school. Everyone think they're so subtle when they whisper about another person but the thing is that you notice it so easily, just judging by their looks when they whisper something then the other person's attention turns towards you too.
But that's why I have my headphones on the majority of the time I got to school, it distracts me so I don't think so much about the other people.

"Good morning, why are you up so early?" Maya asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"I woke up and I couldn't go back to sleep" I answered.

"Would you like some breakfast?" She asked.

"Just something small, if that's okay" I said.

She pulled out a mixer and put different types of fruit in it, then poured the smoothie in to two glasses.
"Here you go" she handed me a glass of smoothie.

"Thank you" I smiled.

Carina joined us on the couch with a cup of coffee.

"Are you sure you feel like going to school today?" Carina asked.

"Yeah I'm okay with that, its only hurting a little bit on my hands" I explained.

"Okay" she said still unconvinced.

"But you can always come find me, whenever you need too" she added.

Later on when the three of us were ready to leave we all walked down to their car together, we dropped Maya of at the station then Carina continued driving us to the school. We walked in together but then went separate ways as I had math as the first lesson for the day.
I sat down in my usual spot by the windows, listening to my music.

"I heard her family is crazy"

"They left her in the fire alone, I bet there's something wrong with her"

"Jack told me she has some disorder so that's why they left her"

I turned the volume of my music up even higher so I didn't hear what everyone were saying.

"Quiet down class, today you will finish this sheet of paper I have. After i you've finished that I want you to start studying for the test you will be writing next week" The teacher said.
He handed out the sheet of paper to everyone and told us we were allowed to start working on it.

"If you don't finish the paper I just handed out I want you to take it home with you and finish it their, then take it back to school tomorrow so I can grade it" he explained.

I looked down at the paper again, seeing lots of algebra which is like the worst part of math. Addition and subtraction along with division and multiplication. Some geometry too, but that I actually think I can handle.
Geometry was the easiest thing of these three parts so I started with that then moved on to addition and subtraction which I think I made right.
When I got to the part with multiplication I was completely lost, I don't get how your supposed to learn all this. So many numbers and so many steps to follow so the outcome of it gets right.
I quickly decided that I would bring the paper home, then ask Carina or Maya or just google the answers.

Next class was art, I love art because it's easy and you can express your feelings by using all the different colors. We were supposed to start a project with painting something that made us happy, it could be a sport or your friends or a movie. You had to express your passion for that thing by using the colors and other different objects. I decided on drawing a girl sitting by the sunset listening to music on her headphones, it reminded me of myself.

As the lesson came to an end I sat behind a little bit as everyone left.

"Are you eating lunch with your friends?" Carina asked.

"Uhm yeah" I lied.

"Okay, come find me when your last lesson has ended alright?" She said.

"Okay, see you soon then" I put on my headphones and walked out to the schoolyard. Sitting down by the table far away from the other students, I pulled out my lunch and started eating some of it until I felt full. I then walked to my next class.

[Carina's POV]

I had walked to the school cafeteria to buy myself some lunch since I had forgotten my own lunchbox at home.
Looking around for Casey I noticed she was nowhere to be seen, she had told me she would eat her lunch with her friends but her classmates all sat down by another table. I decided I would just bring it up later, she might've just been in the bathroom at the time.

"Carina? My last class is over now" Casey stood by the door way.

"Okay, did you bring your homework and backpack?" I asked.

"Yes, ready to go" she said.

"Alright, let's go pick up Maya then" I said as we started walking to the car.

When we finally arrived at our apartment again we all sat down by the kitchen table.

"I didn't see you at lunch, I went by the cafeteria" I said.

Casey's face dropped a little.

"I was outside instead" she explained.

"But your classmates were in the cafeteria?" I said.

"Yeah Uhm I lied, s-sorry"

"I don't hang out with anyone at school, and I don't really have friends" she explained nervously.

"You could've just told me Casey, we could've eaten lunch together instead of you sitting all alone" I said.

"I-I didn't want to bother you, I enjoy listening to my music too. Makes me calm" she told me.

"You can listen to music if you want to in my office I know it makes you feel calm, I just don't want you to eat alone okay?" I said.

"Okay, I can eat with you tomorrow" she promised.

"Did you finish all of your lunch?" Maya asked her.

"No, I ate the sandwich and a little bit of the carrots but I left the rest sorry" she apologized.

"You don't have to apologize for that Casey, we can just make your lunch a little bit smaller for tomorrow" Maya reassured her.

"How about your hand? Was it hurting too bad?" I asked her.

"No, just a little bit in sudden movements" she explained.

After we had finished our dinner we went to the living room to watch a movie together. Only thirty minutes in to the movie I saw Casey's eyes getting heavy, she was trying so hard to stay awake.

"It's okay if you fall asleep" I let her know.

"No it's okay" she insisted.

Maya opened her arms for Casey, she laid her head on Maya's shoulder. I took her hand in mine and started drawing patterns on the palm of her hand until she fell asleep no matter how hard she tried to fight it.