15

[Carina's POV]
I sat by the desk in my office waiting for Casey to join me for lunch. As the time passed I was starting to get worried, she said she would be here. Just as I was about to go look for her Susan walked in.

"Hi I'm waiting for Casey, is there something important?" I asked.

"Yes this is about Casey actually, she is in my office" she explained.

"What happened? Why is she in there?" I panicked.

She explained that she had found her in the cafeteria, another student punching her and holding her down on the floor while Casey desperately had told her to let her go. She calmly explained what was happening but right after she told me Casey hadn't said a word after the incident happened.

I can only imagine what she's feeling right now, all the bad memories that had happened to her and I don't even know half of them. But I need to stay calm for her.
Even tho I just want to kick the students who did this to my Bambina.

"Hey Bambina, can you look at me?" I asked putting a hand on her shoulder which made her flinch away.

"I'm here, look at me" I said.

She whimpered pushing me away slightly.

I sent a message to Maya quickly then turning my attention towards Casey again.

"No!" She said as I stepped closer.

"It's just me, only me" I told her.

"Let me go! Let me go Tom!" She yelled.

"Listen to me, listen to my voice Bambina"

"It's only me, I'm the only one here. No one can hurt you. Just focus on me" I said calmly.

She got startled as the door opened and Maya walked in.

"Deep breaths sweetheart, come back to me" I said.

Once again she just whimpered not making eye contact.

"You need to wrap your arms around her tightly Carina" Maya told me.

"She doesn't want me to touch her" I said.

"It will help her, do it" Maya said.

I wrapped my arms around her tightly even tho she tried pushing me away multiple times.

"Shhh Casey it's just me" I told her.

"C-Carina?" She asked.

"Yes, just me sweetheart" I reassured her.

"Let's get you home" I said and picked her up.

When we finally arrived at home ten minutes later Casey sat down with us by the couch, she did not let go of my hand once since we left the school.

"Do you think you could explain a little bit what happened? I know Susan told me a little bit but I would like to hear your side of the story if you feel comfortable with that" I asked.

"Olivia said that I should go sit with her and her friends, at first I didn't want to because you know their not really my friends but then I followed her anyway. Another girl put her leg out as I walked past her so I tripped and fell to the floor, Olivia then started punching my stomach and- and it was like everything just stoped. Suddenly I didn't see her punching me I just saw Tom"

"When Susan took me to her office I couldn't hear a thing what she were saying, I couldn't move it was like I was stuck inside my own body"

"It was really scary" She told us.

"I'm really sorry Bambina, I will talk to the principal again and we will come up with a plan about those students" I told her.

"I-I'm really sorry I pushed you" she cried out.

"It's okay it's okay" I reassured her.

"I s-swear I didn't mean to, I thought you were Tom or Karen when you touched me and all the memories" she rambled.

"It's okay Casey, don't worry about it" I told her.

"Come here" Maya told her.

She laid her head on Maya's lap.

"I'll go get some water" I told them.

[Maya's POV]
I couldn't help but feel bad for her, she's thirteen and she's experiencing these episodes that causes her to not even being aware of who's standing in front of her.
She looks so fragile and vulnerable laying like that on my lap, her eyes red and puffy from all the crying.

"Here, drink some water and try eating some fruit to get your blood sugar up a little bit" Carina said and handed her everything.

After Casey had finished at least half of the bowl of fruit and the water bottle Carina discreetly tried to lift her hoodie a little bit so she could see the bruising the Casey pulled the hoodie down again.

"She needs to see sweetheart, just to make sure we don't have to go to the hospital" I said.

Casey let her lift the hoodie up just enough for Carina to take a look at the bruising.

"You will probably have some pain in your belly and ribs but I don't think any rib is broken, if the pain gets worse or it starts to swell you need to tell us" Carina said sternly.

"I promise" she said and held out her pinky which Carina did too.

"I've texted the principal, they will talk to the students who did this to you and decide which punishment they will get. She will let me know about it immediately when the decision is made" Carina said.

"Do I have to go to school tomorrow?" Casey asked.

"That's up to you, I can stay home with you tomorrow if you would like to" I said.

"Maybe I can go there in the morning but if it's too much I can call one of you?" She asked.

"Yes that's a good idea, are you tired? It's pretty late" I told her.

"I'm not tired" she promised.

I sighed quietly, I could clearly tell that she were struggling to keep her eyes open and keeping up with our conversation.

"I think we could all use some cuddle time in our bed, the three of us. What do you think sweetheart?" I asked.

"That sounds nice, I think I'll take a shower first if that's okay" she said.

"Of course, go ahead" I told her.

I watched as Casey walked to the bathroom then closing the door after her, I turned my attention back to Carina.

"She will have a hard time falling asleep tonight when she had that rough day" I told her.

"Let's make sure she feels safe and warm before she falls asleep, we can keep the door open if that makes her feel better or keep the light on" Carina said.

"I wish there was something that would make it easier for her to fall asleep without having all of those thoughts" I said.

"When I was in her age my mama used to make me this tea that really helped a lot, it made me tired and it was much easier to fall asleep. I know that might not help in Casey's case but it's worth a try right?" Carina suggested.

"Yeah, would you mind making her a cup of tea then while I go change my clothes?" I asked.

"I'll get to it" she said and walked to the kitchen.