21

[Casey's POV]
New Year's Eve is something I've never really celebrated, of course I stay up late just for the sake being but there's nothing more to the story. But tonight is different because I have both Carina and Maya, I'm not spending it alone. We are going to watch movies all night long together. Stella texted me yesterday telling me that she is going to Josh's New Year's Eve party, apparently they have been getting really close on this winter break and have been spending a lot of time together which is good.
I kind of wished that Sam would hang out but I think he said that he was going to the party even tho he didn't really want to.

"Do you want anything from the store?" Maya asked.

"No, no I think I'm good" I told her before joining Carina in their bedroom.

I laid down in the middle of the bed while she was folding the clothes and putting them inside the wardrobe.

"Sam recommended some new music for me, he told me he likes to listen to music a lot just like I do" I told her randomly.

"You're always happy when you're talking about him" she teased.

"Yeah I guess I am, he just makes me feel- I don't know like happy? I don't have to put on an act when I talk to him because he likes me for who I am and he's always interested in my art works and listens to what I'm saying"

"That's great Bambina" she smiled.

"Yeah, it's nice to feel happy. I like being happy"

"I wish that I could feel happy more often" I added.

"Bella, Are you not feeling comfortable living here with us? Did we do something to not make you happy?" She asked.

"No no no it's not like that, sometimes or more like some days I don't feel- like I don't feel anything at all. I'm not happy I'm not angry I'm not nervous I'm just nothing" I explained.

"Maybe that's something we can work on together?"

"Yeah, Carina?" I asked.

"Mmhm Bella"

I opened my arms for her, she smiled instantly and pulled me in for a hug. I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding in as she started rubbing my back gently.

"Thank you, I needed that"

"Babes I'm home!" Maya yelled.

We joined her in the kitchen as she came carrying a bunch of bags with groceries.

"I got us some snacks and drinks and I was thinking that we could just order some food later if that's okay with you two" she said.

"That's okay" we said.

The door bell rang so I went to open it but Carina beat me to it.

"Casey I don't like if you open the door, let Carina and I do that okay?" Maya said.

"Sorry" I apologized.

"I'm not mad, it's okay"

"It's for you Bambina" Carina told me.

I approached the door, Samuel standing in the doorway with a shy smile on his face.

"I thought you were going to the party?"

"I don't like parties and Stella kind of gave me your address so I wanted to come see you, maybe you can show me that sketches you promised?" He asked.

"Yes of course, come in" I smiled.

Carina gave me a smile while Maya had more of a blank expression on her face, I showed him the way to my room.