The fake smiles, the rented clothes, the deals being made under the table.

Maria was once again reminded of how much she hated her old life.

"Maria," the greeter beams. "Glad to have you back from your vacation. Are these, um... guests with you?"

"Of course," Maria smiles tightly. "They're close friends of mine. I'm sure you wouldn't mind if I brought some guests, right? It's my fathers event, after all, and he would be very upset if I didn't get my way."

"R-right," the greeter stutters, gulping nervously. "I hope you have a good night, ma'am."

"Damn, I wouldn't even guess that you and the person who just spoke were the same person," Yoongi says through the ear piece.

"Focus," Namjoon mutters, forcing a smile to a lady he passes.

"Let's go mingle, my love," Taehyung smirks, linking arms with Iris and walking away.

"See you on the other side, hyung," Jimin winks towards Namjoon, walking away with Maria.

Maria was, obviously, noticed by many people. And annoyingly enough, said people wanted to chat with her.

Jimin was growing bored, trying his best to keep up with the conversations. Some were pointed at him, asking if he and Maria were dating and who his father was and what his family had to offer. Jimin's grip on her waist only seemed to tighten with each query.

Namjoon weaves through the crowd, the vial of posion clutched in his palm. He sees Taehyung by the punch bowl and strides towards him, subtly slipping the vial into his hand as he walks by.

Taehyung then walks to the dessert bar, where Iris looks over the sweets. With her hands cupped behind her back, Taehyung slides it into her hands as he gives her a kiss on the cheek from behind.

Iris scans the crowd and spots Jimin talking to some man, and she stifles a laugh at the way Jimin tries to keep up with the man despite how obviously bored the honey-haired boy was.

Iris slips the vial into his left hand as she walks by, and Jimin curls his fingers around it. "I'm sorry, Mr. Choi, but I really must find Maria. I do believe she owes me a dance tonight."

"Ah, nice girl, she is," the old man laughs with a wink. "And a nice catch, if you know what I mean."

Jimin grimaces and musters a small smile before walking away towards Maria, who was surrounded by a few older women.

"Hello," Jimin smiles at them before interlocking his hand with Maria's, the vial held between their palms. "I'm so sorry to interrupt, but I would really love to have a dance with you, Maria."

"Oh, of course," Maria smiles shyly, looking at the women. "I hope you don't mind..."

"Of course not," one of the women says, winking at her.

Jimin and Maria make their way to the dance floor, and Maria subtly stuffs the vial into her bra before they begin to sway together.

"This is familiar, isn't it?" Jimin chuckles against her ear.

"Quite," Maria laughs back, smiling up at him as he dips her.

Jimin matches her smile, holding her close as they dance underneath the chandelier. It was like they could forget about the true mission for a few minutes, and instead, focus on one another.

"Jimin," Namjoon smiles as he approaches the couple. "I'd like you to meet my good friend, Jin. He works here."

"Hello," Jin beams, offering the tray with the glasses. "Champagne?"