22

TW: MURDER, ABUSE, MENTAL HOSPITAL

When Jimin was young, he had a weird obsession.

Most kids might have an obsession with things such as sweets, or toys, or maybe their favorite characters from a movie.

Park Jimin was obsessed with killing.

It started with little things, like ripping the wings off of butterflies or catching spiders and putting them in jars just to place a match in it and watch the spider suffer from the choking flames.

Insects turned into bigger animals, like garden snakes or birds. He didn't know why he liked it so much, he just... did. Whether or not it was the adrenaline and wave of happiness that consumed him when he did it, he couldn't bring himself to stop.

And then his parents got a guinea pig.

It was a fat rodent that Jimin despised, and he hated seeing the brown thing in its cage whenever he would pass it in the living room. What was worse was the awful squeaking of its wheel whenever the pet would decide to go for a run.

So, at the age of 10, Jimin kills the family pet.

When it was midnight, he crept out of his bedroom and tiptoed to the kitchen, grabbing the biggest blade from the kitchen knife set. Then, he went to the living room and opened the lid of the cage, lifting the rodent out.

Except, he was a little clumsy at that age, and he tripped. The guinea pig began to run away.

"No!" Jimin seethed, lunging towards the pet.

The blade seared through the back of the guinea pig and Jimin smiled in victory, his eyes holding a crazy glint. He was so caught up in his euphoria that he didn't notice his parents rushing downstairs.

"Jimin!" her mother screamed.

Jimin blinks up at them innocently, a pout of confusion on his lips as his father grabs his forearm and rips him up from the ground.

"What the fuck?" his father shouted in his face. "What the actual fuck, Park Jimin?"

His parents' plan was to sweep this whole incident under the table. To never tell a soul what had happened and to send their son to a mental hospital, and they would just tell their friends that they sent their son to live with his aunt for a while.

When Jimin got to the hospital, he hated it. He hated their fake smiles, hated the gown they made him wear, hated the smell of the place.

And what he hated most, was that there were no animals to kill. Well, except for the fish in the tank that was in the common area. But Jimin had grown past killing fish a long time ago.

"Come meet the other children, Jimin," the worker smiles, nudging her head towards the common area.

Jimin scowls at her before marching forward, his arms folded over his chest. He didn't want to talk to these brats, and they were all occupied doing something anyway.

Well, except one.

There was a smaller boy crouched in front of a puzzle, knees close to his chest and bangs falling in front of his eyes. Jimin figured he was harmless, so he went and sat across from him.

"Hey," Jimin says boredly. "I'm Jimin."

"Hi, Jimin," the boy says quietly, keeping his head down. "I'm Taehyung."

"Year?"

"'95."

"Oh, me too," Jimin smiles. When the boy still doesn't look at him, he pouted. "Why won't you look at me?"