"He's a traitor. Simple. Once bitten, twice shy. You know what it means right?"

"But the moon is never wrong"

"I still don't want a traitor for a mate"

"So what will you do? Deny it till you die?"

"Most probably"

"You're impossible" Lina muttered under her breath but Aria heard it anyway.

"You really don't know how it feels. Maybe. Just maybe, you should try putting yourself in my shoes..."

"Ummm... Your feet are way smaller than mine. You know that right? So I can't possibly put my whole self in your shoes". Lina teased making her sister throw her hands up in annoyance.

"I'm being serious. Can you please put the sarcasm aside?"

"No way. I feed on sarcasm. That's like how I live, honey.".

"And I'm the impossible one". Aria huffed and walked away, leaving her sister alone.

She didn't need any more of Lina's sarcastic comments as she was already on the verge of going beserk as a result of what was happening in her life currently.

Aria walked in the streets of Ourà Fengàri hoping it would take her pain away. She responded to greetings and spoke to some of the people in the Queendom as she walked. It was a bit of help. Not so much but it did help.

She still wasn't really settled so she decided to pass by Doukai's residence on her way back to the palace. He lived right beside the palace so it was almost like he lived with her because of his duty as a keeper.
She let herself in like she did almost every time. She found it fun sneaking up on him and catching him doing certain things like cooking and reading. Not that it was easy to take him by surprise but it helped when he pretended to be taken by surprise.

"Kardíà (heart)". She felt his breath hot against her skin before his arms enveloped her from behind, his warmth calming her troubled heart.

"It's not fair". Aria whined turning to face him and resting her hands on his forearms.

"What's not fair?". Doukai asked pretending to have no idea what she meant.

"That you always see me when I'm trying so hard to be sneaky"

"My eyes are where you are, sweetheart. You can't sneak up on me". He stated with a laugh

"I wish I could lie to say that I don't want your eyes on me but I enjoy being your focus"

"How are you doing?" Doukai questioned knowing she just recovered from her heat.

"Better now that I'm here. With you" Aria whispered against his luscious lips

"I wish to take the pain away"

"I don't want to hurt you,Kai"

"You could never hurt me. Even if you hurt me, I don't know if I'll realize it. Is it a bad thing that my love blinds me?"

"You're being cheesy today" Aria said with a laugh

"It's not on purpose". Doukai said leaning in as she did and within seconds they were lip locked.
Their lips moved in sync as their tongues battled for dominance, tasting each other.
Her hands went about his neck as she tilted her head to deepen the kiss.

"I'm so confused,Kai" Aria whispered against his lips. He tightened his hold on her and kissed the top of her head. She was a few inches shorter than him so she lay her head on his chest.

Doukai always knew what to say but he was silent this time and Aria didn't like it. He usually wore a dark gloomy look even though his face was almost always perfect. His brooding eyes could send shivers down one's spine but not Aria. His Kardíà. This was a first. A silent Doukai when she clearly wanted him to say something.