Chapter 63: The Rayne Project

A/N: I will tell you right now that I am a huge fan of the fanfiction "When Love Gets Complicated" and I did NOT steal the couple name as they spell it "Rayn" and I spell it "Rayne" which stands for Reid and Payne, not Rachel and Zayn. Rant Over :)

            We stepped off of the plane and walked to a shuttle that took us up and into the airport and straight to the front of customs. Liam and I were wedged into a line and once we got to the front I flashed my battered passport that had been used to go pretty much everywhere and got a big red stamp on it, Liam passed  his crisp blue passport over and got the same crisp red stamp slapped on the back page.

            Shuffling out of the crowded corridors, we met back up with Zayn, Ashley, Cat, Harry, and Louis. Maddi was taken with Niall on a surprise trip to Ireland.

            We were escorted past security and out to the waiting van that was swarming with teenagers around my age and police pushing them back.

            Liam and I stopped and took a few pictures but scurried onward so the growing sea of neon didn’t swallow us.

            Even though it was only about noon in the UK, Ashley and Cat quickly fell asleep and I wasn’t far behind them. I could hear the boys talking so they were obviously used to travel.

            “We’re here.” Louis shook me gently, as I was on his shoulder.

            I yawned and stumbled to the elevator where we rose to the penthouse and Liam, who had graciously carried all of my bags up and my dog, unlocked the door and it slid open, yup, slid.

            Inside was completely empty, the walls were exposed brick and worn wooden beams holding the ceiling up but everything was stable. The brick and wood was very England-ish but it was stable and homey.

            “Like it?” Liam asked, setting down the last of my things.

            “Payne, you have to ask?” I giggled.

            The flat, I guess they call it, was really just open, no walls except for the brick ones (A/N: Imagine Rachel and Kurt’s apartment on Glee before everything was added. No, not a Gleek, a fading viewer)

            “Well if you don’t Zayn was willing to trade, their flat is already painted and furnished.” Liam tempted.

            “But I like this!” I sighed, “It is an ‘us’ project, not a me project and not a you project. A “Rayne” project.” A/N: Couple name!!!!

            “Rayne?” Liam asked.

            “Yeah, our fans aren’t very creative.” I sighed.

            “Uh…. Are you forgetting someone?” Liam asked after a few minutes, referring to the constant barking coming from the corner.

            “Oops!” I shuffled over and set up Hanna’s little play pen in the corner and set her inside the fake grass filled with toys, food, and a bed. “She’ll be set for a while.”

            “Good, because we have a lot to do!” Liam replied, setting up the wireless connector and taking out his MacBook Air and turning it back on from the long plane ride.

            “You still won’t tell me your passcode.” I frowned.

            “It shouldn’t be too hard, you know it better than anyone.” Liam winked, then I realized I was his passcode. Nawwwww.

            Liam quickly logged in and sure enough, I was his passcode.

            We pulled up some furniture websites, a lot from the states, and looked through the things we wanted.

            We decided on a modern/rustic theme with a lot of room separators but keeping the flat itself quite open, just separators for the kitchen, bedroom, and closet. The bathrooms were already separate.

            Liam had already typed the credit card information in and we were deciding on last minute purchases. We ordered everything overnight shipping so we didn’t have to sleep on too many floors.

A/N: Yup! The awkward ending is back :)