"what happened?" taehyung asked. hoseok looked over at taehyung, still smiling.

    "jamie is going to debut in a girl group!"

    taehyung furrowed his brows. he took a second to try to remember that name, but it didn't ring any bells in his head, which hoseok clearly noticed. he gave an offended scoff at his silence.

    "my childhood friend! remember, the one from america? i told you she had deaf parents?" he explained, smiling once tae's eyes widened a bit. taehyung had heard many things about this jamie when they were just about to debut. he had thought they were dating from the way he talked about her, but hoseok quickly cleared up that they were just friends. which tae did not believe for a second. he forgot about her though, because he hadn't talked about her since.

"let me see her." taehyung told hoseok, going over to his bed to look at his phone.

    hoseok was truly happy to see that jamie was finally debuting. they'd spoken about their dreams to become performers when they were younger. they even took their first dance class together. hell, they did everything together when they were kids. they were inseparable. two rays of sunshine, their parents had called the two, jamie and hoseok. jamie and hoseok, because jamie's name always went first, hoseok smiled at the memory of that weird rule she always had.

    and he remembered the day jamie moved away from gwangju like it was yesterday, how devastated they both were to be moving away from each other. they promised each other that they'd keep in contact and talk everyday. and they managed to keep that promise for a year or two. after a while, their conversations only occurred every month or so, until eventually, they barely spoke at all. soon, they were both caught up with their own lives, and that reality upset hoseok a bit.

    it had been a good few years since they actually talked. it was around the time hoseok was about to debut, and jamie had just gotten accepted into yg. they tried to keep in touch afterwards, but being an idol for the past three years had not been easy for him. and jamie had also been busy training for her debut they both hoped would happen. hoseok sometimes wondered if jamie remembered him. since when has she known how to play the violin? and she's learning japanese? well, the jamie he remembered had always been an overachiever.

"wow," taehyung started, "that's her?" he asked, scrolling through the teaser images. hoseok nodded, "she aged really well." hoseok remarked, smiling slightly.

"what's going on? i heard yelling," namjoon entered the room, "who aged really well?" he stood behind the two, also looking at hoseok's phone.

"his childhood girlfriend," taehyung absentmindedly answered, still reading, "jesus, the drums and violin? she seems like the real deal." taehyung continued in astonishment. "when is she debuting?" taehyung asked again.

"i didn't date her! we were like five." hoseok ignored his question. taehyung chuckled at his resistance. "and i don't know when she's debuting. probably sometime this year."

"well, i'm excited for her debut. i wanna see what she's got." taehyung said. namjoon nodded in agreement. unlike tae, he remembered who jamie was.

"she was a really good dancer when we took classes together," hoseok told them, "but i didn't know she picked up on so many instruments when she left." he mumbled that last part to himself.

"well, people can change a lot in three years," namjoon told him, hearing what he said. "let's just support her, yeah?"

"well, duh, i'm gonna support her," hoseok sassily replied. "she was my best friend, we did everything together when we were kids. we took our first dance class together. she was there at our debut showcase." he recounted.

"she was?" taehyung asked, shocked once again. hoseok only disappointedly sighed inwardly, while namjoon chuckled. "wow. i really did not know that, what the heck." taehyung mumbled. "well, either way, i'm gonna be her biggest fan."

    hoseok glared at taehyung slightly.

    "look at him, he's already being possessive over her," taehyung smirked, crossing his arms and motioning his head towards hoseok, "i told you they were more than just friends." taehyung looked at namjoon's amused face, wiggling his eyebrows.

    hoseok just tsked at him and shook his head in disappointment, completely giving up on trying to convince him they never dated, turning back to his phone. namjoon tiredly chuckled at their childish behavior.

"alright, well i'm happy for you both, hoseok. i hope you guys can contact each other again once she debuts. it'll be good for both of you to talk again." namjoon patted hoseok's back before leaving the room, presumably to go back to sleep. taehyung followed suit, leaving hoseok alone to contemplate on the decision over whether or not he should text her.

━━━━━━━━━━━━

a/n:
not me changing the chapter
format every ten seconds 🤡

fun fact, i've already left many
hints/spoilers as to how things
will turn out in her future already 😼
if you spot/remember them later on
then you're elite lmfao.

fun fact, i've already left many hints/spoilers as to how things will turn out in her future already 😼if you spot/remember them later onthen you're elite lmfao