P.S.: You're My Mate Chp 15

Start from the beginning

I tried to speak, but, luckily, my sister saved me from that discomfort.

“Hi, I’m Rebecca, and this is my brother Chris, we’re looking for Kate, we came by earlier but she wasn’t here. Is she here right now?” Rebecca asked in an overly sweet voice.

The woman studied us for a long time, and said, “Are you human?”

Aha, I wasn’t expecting that… then a thought of something, could Kate have told her about this? I didn’t know how much she trusted her mother, or how their relationship was.

“Why do you ask?” she didn’t seem human herself.

“Just for precautions, and we need to know how much we can tell you.” She said giving me and Rebecca a cold glare.

“Precautions for what? And you still haven’t answered our question, where is Kate?”

Now she looked genially confused.

“Don’t you know anything?”

“Anything about what?”

She turned nervously towards the inside of the house, and signaled us with her hand to come in.

It was very hard to pretend that I hadn’t been here before; I could feel my sister eyeing me so often as we sat down, warning me with her eyes that I should let her speak and keep my talking to the minimum.

“Do you know where she is?” Rebecca asked.

“That’s what we’re trying to figure out.”

“We?” I said earning a glare from my sister.

“Well, now that the news that she is missing has spread, everybody is looking for her and Hailey.”

I leaned in, now confused by how this conversation had turned out, but I was quickly stopped by my sister’s arm, restraining me.

“Hold on, who’s Hailey, and why is everybody looking for them?”

“If I’m not mistaken, you two are werewolf’s, correct?” she asked.

We both nodded.

“Well then, how can you not know who they are?”

“We just don’t know.”

She narrowed her eyes slightly at this, her forehead creasing, while she thought hard.

“Do you think I’m Kate’s mother?”

“Well, yes, aren’t you?”

She smiled sadly and said, “I am, to the eyes of humans, her mother. But I am not related in any way to her. She was assigned to us as some sort of mission.”

My brain had officially turned into a mass of mush as I heard this.

“Explain that.” I pleaded.

“Very well then, seeming that neither of you know what I’m talking about, I shall explain this,”

“We, my husband and I, work for the Royal Council, we are basically protectors for them. You could say that we are…” she said, pausing slightly, looking for the right word, “bodyguards for some part of the Royal Council.”

“That’s all very wonderful and all, but what does that have to do with Kate?”

“Let me get there, as you must know, because if you don’t you are both idiots, years ago, there was a disagreement between the Royal Council and The Night Circle. The new heirs of the majority of the kingdoms were threatened. If know what we know, you’ll find out that the most powerful heirs are dispersed all over the world.

“They decided that none of them should be placed with one of their siblings, to ensure that their secrets would be kept.”

I was getting tired of all of this; I need answers, not to be told something that I already knew.

A hand on my shoulder stopped me from saying anything, I smiled gratefully at her.

“And I know that you’re getting impatient, but please listen closely. Kate and Hailey are one of these heirs, the disappearance of either of them cannot mean good. I was assigned to protect her, and now that she has disappeared we are looking for her sister as well. We doubt that any of them can remember who they are, and that is what concerns us the most.”

“We fear that whoever took them, wants information on the Royal Council. The lack of memories that they have about their past might lead their kidnapers to hurt them in order to get what they want. Their deaths are what we fear the most.”

“Why?” I asked, my voice barely a whisper.

“Why do they want them?”

I nodded.

“I am sorry, but I don’t know why they want them.”

This may be more complicated than I thought.

“Kate said that she had a brother, I’m guessing he’s not her real brother, is he?”

She smiled sadly and said, “No, he is not, we’ve had to pretend a lot for her to feel normal. Perhaps Nate can tell you more about this, but unfortunately, he was assigned a few years ago to another heir located in France, if you wish, I can give you his address.”

“We’d like that.”

“If I may ask, what is your connection to her?”

“I am her…” how can I say something like that, without altering her? I can’t just say that I’m her friend can I? “I’m her mate.” I said quickly.

She let out a small laugh, “That will probably complicate things…”

“Thank you, for telling us all of this.” Rebecca said, while we stood up.

“Your welcome, I hope that this gets resolved as quickly and worry free as possible. I guess I never told you my name, huh?”

“Nope.”

“In that case, I’m Anna.”

“A bit too late for introductions, isn’t it?”

“Better late than never. So, what are your names?”

“I’m Chris; this is my sister, Rebecca.”

“Nice to meet you, Chris, Rebecca. Let me get you Nate’s address.”

Rebecca leaned towards me, “So we’re going to France?” She asked smiling.

I put an arm around her, “I guess we are.”

______________________________________

 I hope this Chp answers some of the questions that you had in the last Chp, if you are still confused, just ask me about what you don’t understand…

I’m feeling needy with this Chp, I want 15 votes and 10 comments, no exceptions.

So get voting!! And commeting!!