Chapter nineteen: she's a monster

Tae Hee

A week had passed. I still hadn't talked to neither Moha nor Jungkook. I didn't want to see either of them. The only person I talked to was Taehyung. He was the only person who hadn't hurt me. He understood me. Comforted me. Felt sorry for me. Made me feel safe. Made me smile when all I wanted to do was cry. I guess I still had feelings for Jungkook even though I thought I'd give up on him after confessing. But still, it was heartbreaking.

I suddenly got a text message that flashed on the screen of my phone. 

'Let's hang out today.' It was from Taehyung. I smiled softly at the message, glad he was thinking of me and how I must've felt. 

I replied that I agreed. 'Where?' It didn't take long before he answered me again.

'The playground near my house?' I replied with an okay, got dressed and hurried out of the door before my stepfather was awake. Last night he was of course drunk, and now he was probably going to be in a terrible mood when he'd wake up. 

When I was about half way, I suddenly got a text message again from Taehyung. 'Let's meet outside the gym hall at school instead. I have something important to tell you.' A frown appeared on my face and I asked why there, but he never replied. I just rolled my eyes, but still turned to go to the school's gym hall.

"Taehyung? Are you here?" I asked when I had approached the right place. "Taehyung?"

"In here." The voice sounded weird, like it wasn't his at all. What had happened to him?

"Are you okay? Have you caught a cold-?" Something interrupted me when a loud bang was heard behind me. I was walking inside a little room where I heard the voice, but the door had shut behind me once I was inside. I quickly turned around and banged on the door. "Who's this? Please, let me out!" I yelled desperately in the dark. It was enough to see something right in front of me, but when I tried to look further, it was all darkness. "Hello?!" I just heard a small feminine giggle in response. I tried to push my ear on the wall. "Who is it?"

"You're surely easy to fool." I'd recognise that voice anywhere and it made me cringe.

Taehyung

I was waiting for Tae Hee at the playground in my neighbourhood. She should've been here if she left straight away when she replied me. I kept on glancing at my watch, wondering what held her back. I decided to try and call her, but the call didn't get through.

"Taehyungie," sang a voice behind me. I didn't listen closely to the voice and turned around with excitement, but I was greeted with disappointment only when I noticed who it was: Erika. 

"You're back?" I asked, rather a bit annoyed and she did some aegyo that didn't catch my interest at all.

"I was just going to say something first," she said with a grin. I stared with a none interested look and turned around.

"I'm waiting for someone. Tell me at school on Monday or something," I muttered, searching for Tae Hee with my eyes to see if she was in sight, but she wasn't.

"You'll regret if you won't listen now," she smirked and I thought of what she could possibly want to tell me. I didn't know her well, only that she was a pretty and popular girl at school who expected everything to go how she wanted it to be. Many guys are wiggling their tails for her, but she had never showed any interested in them. There's a rumour that she has someone she likes, but no one knew for sure. At least I didn't and I've never heard of it either.

"Really? Then what is it?" I asked, not risking making anything worse. She was also known to do anything and everything to get what she wanted. Even if it meant to cross the line.