Chapter 22: Sleep 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐈

'I already want to take a nap tomorrow.'

- Anonymous

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

Y/N's POV:

I can't believe it. A bed, no sore backs. Another precious necessity granted to me today. And the smell of cookies, burnt cookies fill the room like glue in a bottle.

It reminds me of me and Jimin's attempt on baking that day. The day before he left. But no more dwelling. He didn't mean it, he had no choice. It was for his family.

Wait. So if there's burnt cookies, or cake, that means I'm not alone.

Assuming it's a safe place, since I'm not tied up and dressed finely in a cozy cottage, I leave my comfortable room to check outside. To my surprise, I find three women baking a storm.

I mean it quite literally, there's water all over the floor with fire in the corner.

Since when was Cottage War Three going on?

"Uhm, what happened?" I ask, my beady eyes opening and closing at the sight of smoke.

"Nothing dear, go back to bed," The one in red says, putting out the fire with the cold pot water.

"I'm not that tired anymore, what's for breakfast?" I ask calmly, as even though they're clumsy to say the least, they seem like kind sweet women. Almost like they're magical welcoming fairies.

Of course. We were bound to end up in this story weren't we? Of course, alright then. I'm ready for the spindle any time, I love pricking my finger! Number one hobby, right?

"Have this loaf of bread dear," The green one, I think was named Fauna offers, handing me a fluffy slice of bread. On the side were a few fruits and an egg, a silver fork laid next to the plait.

"Thank you, Fauna?"

"What's with the question like tone dear, of course I'm Fauna?" She says smiling, her smile like one of a true mother.

The smiles honey sweet, reminding me of all my old memories.

I should've noticed faster, this was one of my favourite stories.

I finish my food as I wash the dishes, drying my hands with a red and white checkered towel. Behind me, they cleaned up the burning mess, Merryweather going outside to hang the laundry.

"Need help?" I ask, offering to help her. But to my surprise, she declines, insisting she can carry it herself. I wonder how they feel, not being able to be themselves and use magic. It's been how long, sixteen years yet they're still here.

"How are you Flora?"

"Why do you ask, sweetheart?" She replies, dodging the question.

"What? Can I not know how you guys feel?" I shoot back, as if I was slightly offended.

"You don't normally ask. But I'm doing quite swell these days. Beautiful weather isn't it Aurora?" She says, opening the windows curtains even wider to let more sunlight in.

A bird perches by the windowsill, looking through. It's like it's smiling, the sun reflecting it's emotions on all the creatures.

"I should really find the note." I mutter, assuming I'll have the one for this chapter.

"What did you say?" Flora asks, as I realise she hears what I mumbled.

"It's nothing, just said my thoughts out loud for second," I answer, returning to my room with the soft bed. It felt like cotton candy, as if I was sinking into a pool of it with feathers. I plunged into the bed again, absorbing the feeling of relaxation and calmness as much as I can.