Chapter 41

R  y  v  e  r  s    P  o v:

"How are you doing?" Jake asks, as soon as I open the door, he doesn't ask about Ensleey, he asks about me.

Makes me assume that he already knows how Ensleey's doing.

"Fine," I say, not really wanting to talk to my brother about the wreck I have found myself in.

Ensleey had ignored me when I came over, saying that I was ruining her high as she rolled her bloodshot eyes, nonetheless, I kept close by.

After she went upstairs, I gave her a few minutes before I followed her. I was a bit out of sorts when I saw her chugging more alcohol from a bottle of liquor as if it was a bottle of water.

I attempted to pry it from her to no avail of course.

"Where's Ens?"

"Chugging a bottle of liquor upstairs, where did she even get it?" I shake my head with annoyance.

He sighed and rushed as if he could actually get her to listen to him. I tried and tried and in the end, I let her have the disgusting liquor.

I knew I shouldn't, but I slowly went up the stairs and stood on the last step, eavesdropping, it was my best option, anyways.

"This band sucks,"

I heard Jake's voice first, what was he trying to do?

"Yeah well, it's all I fucking had,"

I realized one thing Ensleey swore a hell of a lot drunk.

"Can I have some?"

A few seconds passed with no words being said.

"So why are you getting drunk anyway? Thought you were passed this shit."

Passed this shit, how long has she had this problem? How long is she going to keep me in the dark? I didn't know how much longer I could take this, the secrets, the lies.

"Jake,"

"No Ens he's outta there and you can't do anything about it, doesn't mean you gotta go back to how you were when you were with him, and yes I know it's a low blow, but we both know that it never stops with one bottle,

"You will probably keep going until you end up with alcohol poisoning, or worse, and I'm not going to stand by it, you need me to book you an appointment with your therapist? I'll do that, but don't go down the rabbit hole, I know it's fucking hard to stop, to face your problems when there doesn't seem to be another outlet, but c'mon Ens me and you both know this isn't what to do."

"Just shut the hell up, Ryver's downstairs,"

"And? Don't you think he should know?"

"He'd hate me, I- I can't Jake,"

"He won't hate you for that."

"And the rest?

Her words make my head spin in circles. What was I doing being with her?

No matter how much you care for a person, some things drive you to situations you don't want to be in.

Because at the end of the day did the love I feel for Ensleey mean anything if she wasn't all in?

I don't think I can stay in a relationship, with the feelings being only one-sided.

*~*~*~*

E  n  s  l  e  e  y  s     P  o  v

The first thought that pops into my mind is that my head hurts a lot.