Chapter 38

The weeks blur by and it's now nearing winter break, there is one day left, today being the last of our classes, and Ryver's last game was the other day, and last season he will ever play as a high schooler went well.

Alright better than well, he was amazing, and I was the only girl he turned to after they won, yes that got me a few dirty looks from a couple of girls, but I didn't pay much attention to those bystanders.

I was content and happy, so I attempted not to let that anxiety settle in, and with Ryver's arms around me?

It wasn't as hard, he was holding against the tide that usually was so easy to bend to, and fall into its whim.

So to say things are going well isn't it a lie, things are great, me and my crazy friends have also not stumbled against any trouble.

I'm always a little more worried about Jake though luckily he is doing fine, there haven't been any encounters with Rachel, to my relief he really did back up after he saw her with someone.

I think that it had been his final straw, seeing her with another guy was like a wake-up call to him, at that moment it had finally settled in that she isn't his Rachel anymore, and that she was just Rachel.

I've tried multiple times to get him to speak about it and he doesn't budge, so I sadly have to wait until he is ready.

I doubt the stubborn bastard will ever be.

Doesn't mean I won't always be there for him.

Now I am steering my way towards the cafeteria, when I hear two voices I recognized near a corner, no one ventures to at lunch except the people who have lockers here which aren't many.

"We could be good together!" Kiara's voice says.

"And I told you, you need to leave my girlfriend alone, it doesn't mean that fucked two years ago, that we will ever have a relationship," Ryver says gruffly, even when we are fighting I never heard him sound this mean.

I am about to walk away because I trust Ryver and don't need to hear anything more that will surely make me feel like shit like I'm not enough.

He slept with her, not a big deal since it was two years ago.

Not yesterday, not even this year, I'm not dumb enough to assume Ryver is some saint.

But what stops me is something Kiara says.

"Really? She's a bitch everyone knows that and we're good together,"

What could make her think I'm bitch if she hasn't spoken more than a single word to me, basically ever.

"What the hell is your problem?"

I start to walk away, not really caring what the rest of their conversation might be, I can tell Ryver isn't going to do anything dumb, like cheat on me with her.

It makes no sense how much faith I have in him when my heart has already been shattered once, by a boy who promised me the world, promised to be better and broke every single one of those promises within a night.

I take a peak, when I pass by, knowing they won't see me to be sure that I have nothing to worry about and sure enough there is a great distance between them.

Kiara tries to put her hand on his shoulder but he shakes it off immediately, she seems angry, he seems annoyed.

"You'll regret this, I'm just trying to help you from the disaster that's going to happen soon enough,"

I see her turn her heel and rush towards the cafeteria that is only a few steps away, when walking really fast, which I do, because there's no way I'm walking slow, in a situation like this.