Chapter 35

It's insane how much your life can change over the course of four months. It's nearing December, and if you had asked me four months ago what I would be up to, I would have shrugged and said nothing, just a boring winter break coming up.

But now as it nears winter break, I feel jitter excitement in knowing I will be spending this time with Ryver, and I can't wait to see what the future will hold for us, I mean what could go wrong?

As of now, nothing terrible has occurred, only one of my monsters from my past has taken space in my life, as of now only one, and I think I managed to slay that one off for good.

Or at least his brother had, I find that to be a great relief to have had someone to stop him, the thought of what could have happened brings a shiver up my spine.

But I am hopefully free of his venomous clutches, and my other demons?

I know won't strike without their leader.

Luckily he is in a place that should have no escape, for the next six years, at least.

That thought doesn't always ease my doubts and fears, except it is enough to ensure danger is less likely.

I realize I should be able to stop dwelling on my past, but how can I when it's made me into the sad outcome of the person I am today?

My mother once said that the memories you make can either make or break you, that those same memories can be what form you into the person you are in the future.

She was right, the people who I knew and the memories I made with them, whether they are bad or good, have shaped me into the person I've become.

My mind whirls in a thunderstorm of thoughts, but the one that takes the front seat of it all is what Ryver is planning for our date.

I won't lie and say that I'm not thrilled about this, because, unlike last time, I feel only a sense of excitement.

Since again Ryver wants to be mysterious, and not give me a general idea of where we are going. I pair up an outfit that can be considered not too casual, nor is it overly dressy.

I'm wearing a black and white houndstooth skirt that has an array of buttons trailing up on the right side, and I have a black knit sweater tucked in, to protect me from the harsh December wind, I have leggings underneath. To finish the look I paired it with black ankle boots.

I video chat with Cleo to make sure I don't look horrible. She is currently cooped in her dorm studying so she couldn't make it over to my house.

"You look great," she says with a mouth full of pizza, she is laying on her stomach, you can see her feet swinging in the air in the background, along with a cluster of books, that are placed carelessly to one side.

"You sure?" I say.

"Ens you're wasting my precious time, you look amazing," She sighs, "we've been over this for the past five minutes."

"You just want to phone Theo," I grumble, the girl has been deprived of her boyfriend for the past week. I want to add and get some dick, but don't.

I don't have time to get into a long argument over this.

"Stop talking and go wait for your man," she says, with a wave of her hand before she hangs up on me.

She is a bitch, and I have the horrible privilege of loving that bitch.

I sigh and take her advice. I have nothing better to do anyway.

At seven to the dot. I hear the chime of the doorbell.