34 | Hello, Old Friend

Start from the beginning

"I'm glad," He dipped his head, resuming to caress my skin with his eyes watching the light waves surrounding us.

Zion appeared in deep thought for a moment before lifting his eyes to meet mine.

"You can always tell me when you don't want me to touch you, and I won't. You can tell me at any time, and I'll listen to you. I don't want you to feel uncomfortable around me, mi perla," His eyebrows drew together.

"Same goes for you," I replied.

He nodded, and I watched the sun brighten the dark brown shades in his eyes.

"We should get out of the water before they attack us," I told him.

Zion agreed, and a few moments later, we were walking side by side back to the dry sand.

"Well, if it isn't Pearl and Stone," Nicandro drawled, making his way over to us.

"Your humour concerns me," Zion grimaced.

"So does your inability to take a damn joke," Nico shot back and was about to embrace Zion in a hug, but Gabriel pulled his shoulders back.

"Go get me food," Gabby ordered Nicandro around and flung an arm around Zion's shoulder, dragging him away. "It's been a while since I've seen you at a beach."

His voice faded out as he walked Zion away from us.

"He's going to look back and ask us for help in three, two," Just as Nico was about to say 'one,' Zion slanted his head back to us and flipped Nico off.

I laughed, and slapped Nico's back gently.

"It's okay, buddy. You'll get your alone time with Zion later," Turning my head to face Nicandro, I watched as he grimaced at his friends walking away.

He shook his head, sighed, and turned his attention to me.

"That was his first kiss," A small smirk grew on his lips, and his cheekbones protruded slightly.

I went quiet.

"I don't have experience with girls. I mean, I've only been on two dates - years ago -"

One would assume that he'd at least kissed someone on those dates, but I shouldn't judge him about it regardless.

I was just worried about what he thought about it.

"Ever?" I found myself questioning quietly as I looked away, letting the wind rake my hair.

I internally cheered when my hair covered some of the redness on my face as I gazed at the ocean, away from Nicandro.

"Yes, ever," Nico chuckled. "Don't think too much about it. It looked like he enjoyed it."

I sure hoped so.

My first kiss ever was with Alec, and it was super awkward. The least I wanted was to make Zion feel that way.

"I need to ask you something, though," Nicandro stopped walking beside me, and by the time I darted my attention back to him, the heat in my face had almost cooled down.

"Yeah?"

I watched the wind ruffle through his blonde hair, appearing lighter in the sun beaming down on us.

"You're fine, right?" His deep blue eyes peered into mine. "I mean, your memory. Is that recovered?"

He paused, drawing his eyebrows together at the realisation of his words.

"I know I have no right to ask you that, but do you remember?" His voice was quiet.

"What happened that night? Yes, I do," I nodded, blinking warily at his question.