⠀⠀⠀ 𝒙𝒍. time heals all wounds

Depuis le début

⠀⠀⠀"Yeah."

⠀⠀⠀"So, is there, uh—" his dad started to say, stumbling over his words as he leaned against the doorframe. "Any chance of rekindling?"

⠀⠀⠀Stiles sighed, shaking his head because he had been wondering the same.

⠀⠀⠀However, something in the back of his head had him saying, "No. No, I think I burned that bridge a long time ago."

⠀⠀⠀"Listen, son," his dad sighed, stepping into his room and sitting at his desk with him. "I know it feels like it might never work out, that it happened once, and that was it, but... I've seen the way she looks at you, and I think you might have a chance."

⠀⠀⠀Stiles laughed under his breath at his dad's eagerness to the idea of his son and Willow getting back together.

⠀⠀⠀"Dad, even if she did. Her girlfriend just killed her sister," Stiles explained, frowning deeply.

⠀⠀⠀"I know. I know, son," his dad told him, nodding his head. "But time does a funny thing of letting us grow with the pain and allow for love to enter again."

⠀⠀⠀Stiles returned to his hunched and pitiful position, so his dad continued.

⠀⠀⠀"I know with what happened to Willow's family and your friend and getting beaten up and with what happened to Jackson has gotten you pretty shaken, but be happy about one thing."

⠀⠀⠀Stiles looked over to his dad, not seeing the bright side to any of this.

⠀⠀⠀"The game!" his dad exclaimed, shaking his shoulder. "You were amazing!"

⠀⠀⠀Stiles smiled, more so amused by his dad rather than actually taking the compliment, and just said, "Thanks, dad."

⠀⠀⠀"No, I mean it," his dad told him seriously. "Look, it was pretty much over, and then you got the ball, and you started running. You scored, and the tide just turned, and you scored again and again. You weren't just MVP of the game. You were a hero."

⠀⠀⠀Stiles hated that his dad said that. Hated it. Because while he was surrounded by werewolves and witches, Stiles was the only normal one that couldn't do anything to help his friends. He couldn't help Willow and her family. He couldn't help Boyd and Erica. He couldn't even help himself get out of that basement as Gerard Argent beat the absolute shit out of him.

⠀⠀⠀"No, I'm not a hero, dad," Stiles told him simply, shaking his head.

⠀⠀⠀"You were last night," his dad said, and without room for argument, left.

⠀⠀⠀"I'm not a hero," Stiles whispered to himself.

"HOW FAR ARE you?"

⠀⠀⠀Willow rolled her eyes as she answered her phone and told Stiles, "Not very far. The pendulum isn't able to track any of them. I suck at this."