Chapter 7: Unease - Memories unlocked!

Author:
* * * = Time-skip
. . . = Small Timeskip
[ ] = POV Change
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Duster POV]

Duster: "God, what were you thinking, dude?" I said, helping Lance walk, Franky carrying the now empty bookbag. "You cost me a new pair of glasses."

The wolf groaned in annoyance.

Lance: "Shut up..."

I sighed deeply.

Duster: "I knew we should've threw those weapons away..." I whispered.

Franky: "What'd you say?"

Lance slipped, but I caught him just in time.

Duster: "I said that this guy," I gestured to Lance. "Should really think over his plans next time."

I opened the door to my house, us moving into the living room. I gently place Lance on the couch while Franky has a seat in my dad's la-z-boy. I grabbed band-aids, rubbing alcohol, wipes, and a bag of ice.

I pulled up a chair, sitting next to Lance, placing the bag of ice on his head.

Duster: "We all got hurt today. And it's because you got angry." I say, unwrapping a band-aid and applying it to a nick above his eyebrow. "You can't be fighting like that anymore. I get that you like to pick on him, but maybe you're going a little too far."

Lance scoffed.

Lance: "Too far?" He adjusted the ice bag. "He should really think twice before stealing that hot piece of ass Claire."

I give him a confused stare.

Duster: "Really? You fought him over her?"

Lance: "Of course! Did you not see them? They were making out in front of everybody! The fucking nerve..." The wolf said angrily.

I uncap the alcohol, grabbing the wipes. I warned Lance telling him that this may sting, slowly pouring the liquid over his scraped knee, making him wince in pain.

Duster: "I can kind of see where you are coming from."

Lance gave me a glare. I wiped up the excess alcohol.

Lance: "What do you mean...?"

I took a big band aid and put it on the injured knee.

Duster: "I mean, that you were jealous."

Lance: "Jealous? Of that loser? Yeah, right."

I gave him the "really?" look.

Duster: "You're totally jealous." I slid the seat over to Franky, tending to his wounds. "Not to get personal, but I know your not very good in relationships."

Duster: "You've never experienced an honest, true relationship with a girl before."

I heard Lance grumble, but I continue.

Duster: "But still, that's no reason to go all out like that." I finish patching up Franky, going into the kitchen and grabbing some leftover pizza from a few nights ago. I placed three slices in the microwave, one for each of us.

Duster: "Not trying to discourage you or anything, but..." I lean against the counter, crossing my arms. "I really don't think you're qualified for like, actual love."

Lance: "Wh-huh??? I kick ass at love! Believe it!!" He said sitting up, clearly angry.

Duster: "Well it seems here that love is kicking your ass. You dump every girl that doesn't give you brain on the first date!" I say throwing my hands up.