Chapter 52

Sorry I didn't update last weekend huhuhu. These school works are draining me. (I accidentally published it help😭)

---

Lisa sat peacefully sitting down on the bench on the rooftop. She was breathing the fresh air as her eyes closed in ecstasy.

Hearing faint footsteps, she was baffled and opened her eyes to look at the person who's causing the noise. There was Jiyong, approaching the edge of the rooftop while he stepped forward to the edge, causing Lisa's heart to beat faster.

Don't tell me...

She unconsciously stood up, approaching Jiyong with a frown. As she began to get closer to the man, a loud familiar voice shouted his name.

"Jiyong!" It called.

Jiyong's head began to turn around, revealing his swollen eyes. Lisa's frown vanished and her eyes widened as her body froze in its place.

Something is going on.

"I'll die too... if I don't have you." He sighed, "I can't do it."

Lisa saw how Jennie look at Jiyong. Her eyes were darkened by... guilt.

"I can't give up on you." He faintly said. His head slowly turned straight, looking down at the road that is feet away from his current position.

One jump, his life will end.

And Lisa can see that. Her eyes were fixated on Jiyong's nape, as shock covered her whole face.

Don't jump, don't jump.

But Lisa's chants were useless. She diverted her attention to the man's feet, which were slowly rising to fall off the edge.

Lisa can't handle it anymore. Only 30 seconds left, he will be gone. A scream from Jennie entered their ears, calling Jiyong's name.

Lisa dashed towards Jiyong and tightly gripped the man's wrist. She pulled the man with force. Jiyong didn't do anything. He just let his body fall back to the rooftop with an empty expression on his face.

Jennie approached them and pushed Lisa away from them. She gripped Jiyong's collar and looked at him with a helpless look. "What are you doing, Jiyong?! Don't do something so stupid like this!"

Lisa stepped back, confusion was written on her whole face. She sighed, looking at Jiyong's clock with relief.

I... Hope they solve their problem.

---

Lisa's thought was engulfed by Jiyong. Sitting on her bed with her comforter covering her long legs, she picked up her phone and dialed Jennie's number.

"Lili?" A faint voice spoke on the other line.

"Is he alright?" She asked the latter. Silence ensued the other line for a couple of seconds and spoke,

"I just dropped him off in front of his place." She silently told. Lisa sighed and looked down her fingers.

"I'm sure he did that... because he loved you too much." She suddenly said.

"Though that wasn't quite the right choice to make, I understand how he feels... not knowing what to do from loving you so much." She stated, earning a sigh from Jennie.

"Lili." She called.

Lisa hummed in response, waiting for the latter to continue.

"Don't worry about other people. Take care of yourself, because I'll break my promise if you don't." Jennie sarcastically warned.