Chapter 33

Well... Lisa tried to say no.

Lisa's eyes stared at the walls of her new room as thoughts began to engulf her mind.

Well, at least I'm not in some kind of jail cell.

Lisa's brows furrowed as those thoughts began to punch the walls for her skull—making her head hurt.

What will I say to my kids? That I'm a previous mistress because I'm desperate?

Lisa stood up and clutched the handle of her luggage—wanting to get out of here. There, her eyes landed on her wrist that made her huff. 

But your life depends on this!

Lisa hopelessly plopped herself on the bed and run her fingers through her silky hair. 

"Come on, you can't even say no to a rude bitch." Lisa mumbled as she continuously slapped her forehead.

"Of course you should move in!"

Chaeyoung's voice echoed her mind that made her stop her movements.

-

"She says she's willing to stick by your side and be your lifetime charger. So what's stopping you?" Chaeyoung said while looking at her monkey that's sitting on the park bench.

"But going as far as moving into her place is a bit... awkward?" Lisa asked as her brows furrowed in stress.

"Come on! It's not like you'll be sharing a bed right now. It's just housemates." She stated and sat beside her best friend. 

"Besides, you're both grown-ups. So if something might happen..." Chaeyoung paused her speech as she curved her lips into a teasing smile—looking at Lisa while she raises her brows up and down.

Lisa's mouth hung open as her mind began to wander somewhere dirty and needs a deep cleaning. She nudged Chaeyoung using her elbow and looked at her with widened eyes. "Are you crazy?"

Chaeyoung raised a brow as she continued to grin. "What? I swear to almighty God, if you will just avoid that topic, might as well be a nun." She said that made the doe-eyed girl scoff.

"Anyway, just stop your useless worrying, and just move on already! It's the only way for you to live, so of course, you should go for it." Chaeyoung said as she curved her lips into a smile.

She formed a fist and raised it. "I say, it's a go," Chaeyoung said in English as she pointed the air.

-

Lisa deeply sighed as she lowered her head in defeat.

---

"Cosmetics, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, bed sheets, hairdryer, hair straightener, candles, health supplements, pajamas... Everything's all here." Woojin mumbled as he looked at the list that Jennie made.

Woojin suddenly heard footsteps approaching him as he was fixing Lisa's things. He looked at his back and smiled. "President." He called.

He remembered something and quickly clutched something out of a box. "I got this because it was on the list, but I'm not sure if this is what you wanted," Woojin stated as he handed a familiar duck plushie.

Jennie gripped the plushie's beak and smiled. "This is the right one. Short legs, and that pouting mouth..." She inspected the duck once more and her brows furrowed. 

"So where does it hide your secrets, huh?" She mumbled. Woojin stared at Jennie and broke the silence.

"President."