Chapter 38

"One month? Why my brother?!" Jennie shouted.

Jennie failed to control her movements as her anger took control out of her body. She tightly gripped Lisa's upper arm. Lisa felt the pain of Jennie's grip, but she didn't care. It was her fault anyway.

"What rights do you have to give me this crap?!" She hopelessly whimpered.

Lisa's tears were starting to form in her doe eyes. She looked at Jennie with sadness.

"I also wish... it wasn't true," Lisa mumbled.

Jennie's puffy and sore eyes widened. She heard those words from Lisa's mouth as if she's really telling the truth.

"I also wish that... this was all a lie."

---

Jennie dashed inside her room and dialed Joy's number. As she waited for Joy to answer her call, she clenched her jaw and wiped her tears away from her mandu-like cheeks. 

"Hello-"

"Check if anything's wrong with Heechul," Jennie stated. 

On the other line, Joy was shocked to hear a strong tone of voice from Jennie. 

"Anything. Just see what's he's up to and if he's sick." She raised her voice. 

"Check his medical records first." She commanded. Joy didn't get the chance to rant about Jennie's sudden commandment. Jennie hung the phone and caught her breath, inhaling for air.

---

Jennie stared at the medical report in terror. Joy looked at her. She noticed Jennie's expression as if she'd saw a ghost.

"There's... no treatment proved effective for idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. And it's processing... a lot faster than usual." She stated. 

Jennie's tears landed on the medical report. She continued staring at the paper. "Find a doctor first." She commanded. 

She finally looked at Joy with hope in her eyes. "The United States or Japan. Find a doctor who specializes in this field. There must b-be something we can try. Surgery or medications..." She said with hope. 

Joy sighed and looked at Jennie with a calm look. "It's too late for any of that now."

"You're a psychiatrist. How can you be so sure that it's late?" Jennie asked and clenched her jaw.

"Just find a fucking doctor! Isn't that easy to do?!" She raged while looking at Joy with flames in her eyes. Joy broke the eye contact and looked down.

Woojin looked at the two ladies in front of him. "What do we do?" He asked with panic in his voice. His eyes started tearing up as he continued to speak.

"What are we g-going to do now?" He asked. Jennie looked at him with flames in her eyes. "What did I tell you?"

"I said to check on how Heechul's doing. I told you to keep a close eye on him!" Jennie accused. 

Woojin looked down. "I'm sorry." He sobbed and bowed.

"Stop apologizing, you stupid bitc- !" Jennie didn't continue her speech and inhaled for air.

"I had no idea that my brother was dying. I'm the one to blame. Why would you apologize?!" Jennie hissed as her tears continued to run down her cheeks.

While they were grieving in this new and scary information, a pair of doe eyes stared at them—sadness plastered in them.

---